scottybue

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Freedom Edition
Vehicle Showcase
I just purchased a 2020 Freedom during the last days of the pandemic's manufacturer employee pricing, and as I read through these forums, I'm noticing the Freedom edition (Oscar Mike) package doesn't seem to be getting much love. Therefore, I feel the need to share my thoughts on going for this particular edition.

-What you get vs a Sport S, Willy's, or Sahara
1. Premium Soft top standard
2, Partial Leather interior
3, Decals (stars, flags, and a faux vent accent)
4. Gunmetal Moab wheels w/ 245/70R17 tires
5. Oscar Mike badges on the exterior tailgate, embossed badge on front seats, and interior tailgate plate

-What's worth it?
1. After seeing the different tops on dealer lots, I personally wanted the premium soft top, which can be hard to find with a manual transmission, so that was big. Hard top is nice, but there really is something special about releasing two latches and having both rows of seating in the sun.
2. The partial leather seats are currently THE ONLY way to have an arm rest in the back seat without going full leather. This is NOT advertised enough in my opinion. Having older kids, this is a need, not a want.
3. The Moab wheels aren't really for me in the gunmetal color since my Jeep is silver, but in another color they may be quite attractive. In any case, the Moab wheels are new/popular, so reselling is a cinch as opposed to Sport S wheels.
3. I found many of the decals cheesy, so I removed them. GooGone gets a lot of press on the forums, but after spending too much time trying to remove the residue with it, I bought so TurtleWax Adhesive remover. Let it set for 1 minute, and it literally wiped right off. Can't recommend it more.

Long story short, if you want a slightly more premium interior to the Sport S or Willys, but don't want to go full leather, the Freedom edition is certainly worth a look!

Check my sig block for the mod list I've done so far!

Jeep Wrangler JL The case for a Freedom Edition IMG_1097

IMG_1141.jpg

IMG_1142.jpg
Sponsored

zxd9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S, Bright White, Freedom Pkg
My wife got one a few weeks ago too. You also get side steps.

The MOAB, Rubicon and Freedom Edition all share the same wheels. Just different color schemes.

We like ours. I also got the feeling it was the black sheep of the jeep family on here. To each his own. It serves our purposes just fine.

Enjoy yours!

20200522_181602.jpg

Mikeyut3

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
OP
OP
scottybue

scottybue

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Freedom Edition
Vehicle Showcase
My wife got one a few weeks ago too. You also get side steps.

The MOAB, Rubicon and Freedom Edition all share the same wheels. Just different color schemes.

We like ours. I also got the feeling it was the black sheep of the jeep family on here. To each his own. It serves our purposes just fine.

Enjoy yours!

Jeep Wrangler JL The case for a Freedom Edition 20200522_181602
Correct, the side step comes, too. Totally forgot. Thanks!

Sponsored

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Nothing like an extra dose of authentic American freedom.

Which decals did you remove?

Mikeyut3

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR

Mikeyut3

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
OP
OP
scottybue

scottybue

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Freedom Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Nothing like an extra dose of authentic American freedom.

Which decals did you remove?
The stars on the hood and quarter panel, and the “sport unlimited” stickers

Sponsored

DWS44

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toy Box: 2022 JLUR 392 + '17 C7 GS & '21 C8 Vettes
Occupation
CAD/IT Manager (Civil/Airport Design)
I had a Freedom Edition JK and really liked the package. I didn't realize they'd made a Freedom Edition JL. Looks like it still a similar package overall, though I really liked the darker gunmetal grill that was offered on the JK Freedom Edition, as well as the color accent pattern in the cloth portion of the seats on the JK. Still a nice package on the JL, but shame they chose not to carry those two items (or similar) on to the JL Freedom Edition.

Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubi
@scottybue If you are interested in selling your OEM wheels, shoot me a PM. My wife is not a fan of the black ones that came on her Rubi. Willing to trade or buy yours outright?... let me know.

Newdeal

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
I just purchased a 2020 Freedom during the last days of the pandemic's manufacturer employee pricing, and as I read through these forums, I'm noticing the Freedom edition (Oscar Mike) package doesn't seem to be getting much love. Therefore, I feel the need to share my thoughts on going for this particular edition.

-What you get vs a Sport S, Willy's, or Sahara
1. Premium Soft top standard
2, Partial Leather interior
3, Decals (stars, flags, and a faux vent accent)
4. Gunmetal Moab wheels w/ 245/70R17 tires
5. Oscar Mike badges on the exterior tailgate, embossed badge on front seats, and interior tailgate plate

-What's worth it?
1. After seeing the different tops on dealer lots, I personally wanted the premium soft top, which can be hard to find with a manual transmission, so that was big. Hard top is nice, but there really is something special about releasing two latches and having both rows of seating in the sun.
2. The partial leather seats are currently THE ONLY way to have an arm rest in the back seat without going full leather. This is NOT advertised enough in my opinion. Having older kids, this is a need, not a want.
3. The Moab wheels aren't really for me in the gunmetal color since my Jeep is silver, but in another color they may be quite attractive. In any case, the Moab wheels are new/popular, so reselling is a cinch as opposed to Sport S wheels.
3. I found many of the decals cheesy, so I removed them. GooGone gets a lot of press on the forums, but after spending too much time trying to remove the residue with it, I bought so TurtleWax Adhesive remover. Let it set for 1 minute, and it literally wiped right off. Can't recommend it more.

Long story short, if you want a slightly more premium interior to the Sport S or Willys, but don't want to go full leather, the Freedom edition is certainly worth a look!

Check my sig block for the mod list I've done so far!

Jeep Wrangler JL The case for a Freedom Edition 160C6E32-F710-4D7C-9DC3-D181AEB496B2

Jeep Wrangler JL The case for a Freedom Edition 160C6E32-F710-4D7C-9DC3-D181AEB496B2

Looks like Jeep recently added steel bumpers and LED lights to the Freedom Package. Also, changed the wheels to what look similar to Gladiator wheels. Package looks good.
Sponsored