Bubba33

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 jeep wrangler Sahara JL
@Bubba33

As long as it does the job for you, that is what counts. Good Luck with your Flashcal.

Most here have gone with the Tazer JL or Tazer JL Lite and for very good reason. I encourage anyone thinking of buying a programmer to do your homework before purchasing any programmer.

As for the $ you pay for a programmer.... Don't get to caught up on what it costs but rather do the features the programmer claims to enable, disable or set, work, work as advertised....

As for what you pay, remember, when you sell your JL, you will be able to sell the programmer and recoop more then half what you paid for it.

Thanks go ahead and post all that the tazar lite does vs the flashcal . I have no skin in this. Educate me on why better.
Sponsored

MacJack

First Name
-O)|||||(O-Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL 2 Door
Vehicle Showcase
:cwl:
----

@MacJack

You should see your programmer by Wednesday of this coming week. Assuming it ships Monday (undoubtedly it will). Takes 2-3 business days to get to a buyer per reports from many guys here.

It will come with firmware 11.0.6 installed. You will want to install the ZAutomotive ZPU Utility on your home computer. Using the included USB cable, hook up your Tazer to the computer and using the utility take a look see. Not mandatory to do this put I would...
That a good suggestion... I will do a firmware check/update. How often do you do update or do you get emails advising of new releases....

Your been so helpful you can almost take this post and make it a book called all you want to know after you get your Tazer...

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@MacJack

The Tazer JL was the first programmer for the JL!

Since the original Tazer JL, firmware, 11.00, in March 29, 2018, there have been 4 additional/final firmware releases.

I don't expect to see a new firmware too soon as the last firmware update was on 8/20/18.

I'm quite sure Joe, will have new firmware coming fairly soon, but not that soon. 8-)

Joe, the owner of ZAutomotive will have his ZAutomotive website announce new firmware and for sure he will let us all know, here, when new firmware is available.

Go here to see the Tazer JL firmware CHANGELOG:
https://zautomotive.com/tazer-jl-updates/

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@MacJack

The Tazer JL was the first programmer for the JL!

Since the original Tazer JL, firmware, 11.00, in March 29, 2018, there have been 4 additional/final firmware releases.

I don't expect to see a new firmware too soon as the last firmware update was on 8/20/18.

I'm quite sure Joe, will have new firmware coming fairly soon, but not that soon. 8-)

Joe, the owner of ZAutomotive will have his ZAutomotive website announce new firmware and for sure he will let us all know, here, when new firmware is available.

Go here to see the Tazer JL firmware CHANGELOG:
https://zautomotive.com/tazer-jl-updates/

@MacJack

Joe, at ZAutomotive just posted this about an upcoming NEW, firmware release for the Tazer JL and Tazer JL Lite.. 8-)

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/tazerjl-feature-requests.13901/page-2#post-438081

TahoeJohnny

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler TJ, Wrangler Hard Rock, Patriot
@jeremyjeep

I encourage you to buy your Tazer JL or Tazer JL Lite direct from ZAutomotive.

IF you want full Tazer JL features, it will cost you a few $ less if you go with the Tazer JL versus the Tazer JL Lite that is activated to full Tazer JL features.

Some guys/gals would prefer not to plug anything into the OBDll port so that would be a reason for them to paid the few $ more and get the Tazer JL Lite.

----------

Discount can be had on the Tazer JL, not the Tazer JL Lite.

You will only get the discount if you buy direct from ZAutomotive.

Last I heard the forum discount code was not working.

For the same 5% off as say a forum discount, this code should work: JeepInformant2

Suggest you buy here:

https://zautomotive.com/product/tazer-jl/

Note: When you purchase, consider going with the two year warranty that costs $20 versus the free 90 day warranty. Just click on where it says "90 days - Free" and you can then select 2 year warranty.

Note: I do not work for ZAutomotive. I'm just a Tazer JL fanboy..
That coupon code is not working. JeepInformant2
Sponsored