Sunrider w/ GPCA grab handles?

rizej

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Has anyone been able to install their Sunrider top and use their GPCA grab handles? I couldn't seem to get the grab handles to fit and I'm really hoping to continue using those and not switch to something like the Mopar ones...
Sponsored

Pink Brit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"GAMORA" Mojito JLR 6-speed manual :)
Occupation
Personal Trainer
I have the premium sun-rider soft top (factory installed) and added the GPCA grab handles to it, had no issues, just made sure I didn't catch the track with the velcro and wrapped it underneath. They fit fine, as per instructions, with the V-shape part facing backwards. I have a 2 door JLR, not sure if there is anything markedly different between the front of the 2 and 4 doors :)

[edited to add pictures ... my Jeep is in the garage (so I can't open the roof, not enough height) and it's late at night, so they aren't great pictures, but are these the handles you're referring to? - this is driver's side, but I have them on both front doors)]

From inside:
DCJ1eLsFT1iHoyikKYZ5lw.jpg

From outside:
37Yy2GgLT5CZG7iVvlE9vw.jpg

Terminex

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
Occupation
Fixing stupid....
I have a JLUS with the premium soft top, and have the gpca handles installed. Just as PINK stated, makes sure they do not block the mount holes for the soft top frame.

I found it easiest to fold the v portion back on top of the handle while installing the soft top hardware, and then fold it back down.

OP
OP
rizej

rizej

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
@Pink Brit & @Terminex You guys were right I was able to get the grab handles reinstalled; however, with the frame of the Sunrider you definitely can't position them forward and backward as much as you'd like. The GPCA grab handles are definitely superior to any other ones I've seen yet since you can fold them up and being slightly taller I don't want my grab handles hanging down like the Mopar ones

TJ2018

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JLUR; 2020 Silverado Trail Boss
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone been able to install their Sunrider top and use their GPCA grab handles? I couldn't seem to get the grab handles to fit and I'm really hoping to continue using those and not switch to something like the Mopar ones...
If you're referring to the Sunrider for the hard top (not the factory soft top) I am using the GPCA handles. The drivers fits as instructed (with pointy end facing the rear of the jeep), but had to reverse the passenger (pointy end facing the front).

IMG_1409.JPG
IMG_1549.JPG

Mattk11

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLU Rubicon
I've had my GPCA grab handles less than a month and they are fading in the sun already. Should be light blue by the end of the summer.
Sponsored