First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon Recon
Occupation
School Administrator
Drive naked into a thunderstorm for a quality wash, than hit the highway to blow dry it out.
When I drive it to work it is about 15 miles of interstate.....just need the pouring rain for the wash and then the drive home to air dry!
Sponsored

VAJeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Can you show me a picture of the blower nozzle you use? I am thinking of getting one for my compressor.
Jeep Wrangler JL Suggestions for cleaning the interior? 01C60079-29E0-4CBC-AEC1-66FF43A801C4

I have few different kinds but this CH 1/4” duster gun is my favorite and it’s cheap! I think I found it at Walmart

Outrun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392XR
This blower nozzle with an air compressor somehow makes for extreme blowing when compared to regular thin nozzles like posted earlier. I use this to blow out my SXS CVT's.
51EnipQ64zL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
And not one person said a power washer. If the top and doors are off, and it is a hot day, I take a power washer to the inside. Pull the drain plugs and let it dry. Note, I do not power wash the dash area.......

Sponsored

Deleted member 59098

I had excellent results with a leaf blower and swiffer duster combo.

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
I pay someone to clean my stuff, it’s cheaper then you think.

Retrograde

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLSS, 1995 Chevy K2500
Occupation
Arms Dealer
Ditto the air compressor. 10x faster than a shop vac.

BullMoose1776

First Name
Bull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Project Manager
Let me add that frequent cleaning is your friend. It's like shaving -- painless if you do it regularly; painful if you wait too long. If the air compressor + shop vac aren't enough, a quality cleaner plus gentle scrub brush should do the job. Chemical Guys make some great products for this.
This is a true statement. I bought an unlimited wash package at the local car wash shop, and I was my jeep at least 1 to 3 times a week. When you do this it stays clean. I always vacuum, and after running topless I was kinda shocked at how much dust was inside.

Sponsored

TPayne

First Name
Tracey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Durango
To effectively clean the cabin, you can use special cleaning tools. But they are quite expensive to buy, so it is best to use the services of a car wash, as such cleaning will be much more effective. Now many services make people's lives easier. I work a lot, so I have little free time. So when I needed to clean my house, I turned to https://tenancycleaning.uk, and I absolutely did not regret it. These guys are real professionals; in addition, they use modern tools for cleaning.

RugbyRef

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JL 392

• Haha
Reactions: AFD

jaymz

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited
Just keep in mind that when you blow the dust out, you’re also blowing dust into places inside the Jeep that it wouldn’t normally get to. It’s unavoidable. Will it cause issues? Maybe, maybe not, but why risk it?

jaymz

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited
  1. If very bad, or you want to get to hard to reach areas, an air compressor and blower nozzle
  2. Vacuum
  3. Use a clean cloth and a spray bottle of vinegar and water mixture and wipe down all the plastic parts.
  4. For leather seats, use a damp clean cloth to wipe them down. Do not use anything further, no leather conditioners or cleaners. They are not recommended per the owner's manual.
I was on a trail ride last year where the dust was so heavy on the passenger seat, I was able to write my name in it. The above process made the interior look brand new again.
Not true regarding leather seats. They specifically recommend their cleaner if necessary, and say that conditioners are not required. Nowhere does it say “not recommended”.

From the owners manual:

Leather Parts
Mopar Total Clean is specifically recommended for leather upholstery.
Your leather upholstery can be best preserved by regular cleaning with a damp soft cloth. Small particles of dirt can act as an abrasive and damage the leather upholstery and should be removed promptly with a damp cloth. Stubborn soils can be removed easily with a soft cloth and Mopar Total Clean. Care should be taken to avoid soaking your leather upholstery with any liquid. Please do not use polishes, oils, cleaning fluids, solvents, detergents, or ammonia-based cleaners to clean your leather upholstery. Application of a leather conditioner is not required to maintain the original condition.

Reactions: AFD

Mikester86

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
Not true regarding leather seats. They specifically recommend their cleaner if necessary, and say that conditioners are not required. Nowhere does it say “not recommended”.

From the owners manual:

Leather Parts
Mopar Total Clean is specifically recommended for leather upholstery.
Your leather upholstery can be best preserved by regular cleaning with a damp soft cloth. Small particles of dirt can act as an abrasive and damage the leather upholstery and should be removed promptly with a damp cloth. Stubborn soils can be removed easily with a soft cloth and Mopar Total Clean. Care should be taken to avoid soaking your leather upholstery with any liquid. Please do not use polishes, oils, cleaning fluids, solvents, detergents, or ammonia-based cleaners to clean your leather upholstery. Application of a leather conditioner is not required to maintain the original condition.
Jeep Wrangler JL Suggestions for cleaning the interior? 1662749166055
Sponsored