Sponsored

Stubby, recessed winch, LED fogs - does it exist?

BamaBuilder86

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 Platinum FX4
Been trying to find a good looking stubby with recessed winch mount AND that takes the LED fogs from the factory. I’m coming up short finding a bumper that meets all of these. The LOD signature does but I’m not a fan. Really like the Roam, Motobilt, Warn, one of the Poison Spyders but again, none of them meet criteria. Surely there’s a bumper that meets the above. Anyone got anything?
Sponsored

Wrangled

First Name
Suzanne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL Mojito Green
Vehicle Showcase
Been trying to find a good looking stubby with recessed winch mount AND that takes the LED fogs from the factory. I’m coming up short finding a bumper that meets all of these. The LOD signature does but I’m not a fan. Really like the Roam, Motobilt, Warn, one of the Poison Spyders but again, none of them meet criteria. Surely there’s a bumper that meets the above. Anyone got anything?
Crazy timing -- I've been going over the options the past two days myself and my top choices are exactly what you posted, even the Motobuilt. The only one that fits most closely to what you're describing may be the Arctec Nighthawk w/ Mid-Stinger. There's a write up in the bumper thread that was pretty critical but the manufacturer apparently stepped up to help.

I'm leaning toward the ROAM now because they have some modular add-ons coming for their slimline model that will add the fogs.

There's also the Hauk Offroad which might fit the bill too.

Last edited:
OP
OP

BamaBuilder86

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 Platinum FX4
Crazy timing -- I've been going over the options the past two days myself and my top choices are exactly what you posted, even the Motobuilt. The only one that fits most closely to what you're describing may be the Arctec Nighthawk w/ Mid-Stinger. There's a write up in the bumper thread that was pretty critical but the manufacturer apparently stepped up to help.

I'm leaning toward the ROAM now because they have some modular add-ons coming for their slimline model that will add the fogs.

There's also the Hauk Offroad which might fit the bill too.
The Arctec is my favorite but by the time I get it powder coated it ends up being a pretty pricey bumper. I may go that route, just not sure I want that much money in a bumper.

I’ve been meaning to email Anthony about the ROAM. Do you know for sure if the modular add-ons will take the LED fogs?

I’m really wanting to make a choice by Black Friday or so.

Ezun

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392
Vehicle Showcase
I believe the AEV bumper works with the LED Fogs:
upload_2018-11-10_15-20-38.jpeg

Ezun

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392
Vehicle Showcase
I believe the AEV bumper works with the LED Fogs:
upload_2018-11-10_15-20-38.jpeg
Just confirmed it. See this video at 1:38 (), AEV rep says ALL of the factory fog lights are compatible.

Sponsored

StammesOpfer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Punk'n 2.0 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Crazy that there aren't more options for this. I was looking at the Warn, Poison Spyder, and Smittybilt. But I think I like the LoD the most. Just waiting to see if there are any Black Friday/Cyber Monday sales before I actually pull the trigger.

The Smittybilt XRC Gen II Max 77807 meets your requirements. I just wasn't a huge fan of the styling.

Wrangled

First Name
Suzanne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL Mojito Green
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve been meaning to email Anthony about the ROAM. Do you know for sure if the modular add-ons will take the LED fogs?
I don't think the ROAM extensions will use the stock fogs. It looks more like they're something else, but Im not sure. There's some information in this post #634 which is part of a larger thread where the the topic arose. Go back a few posts from that one and you'll see more about it too. Yeah check this one: #628

OP
OP

BamaBuilder86

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 Platinum FX4
I’ve always been a big AEV fan but I really don’t like their new JL bumpers. Just a styling issue with me.

I may just get away from the recessed winch requirement. That frees up more options such as the LOD Destroyer which I like and is reasonably priced. Would really like to catch the Arctec on a Black Friday deal.

RockyMtnHigh

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon - Punk'n Orange
Of course the Mopar bumper does all of this. I assume you don't like the style of it?
Sponsored