Stock Moab and Bead Locks

Memphis Peej

First Name
PJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pilot, Acura TSX, 2019 Moab!!!
I have a stock 2019 Moab. This is my first wrangler and I absolutely love it. My question Is about bead locks.
Let me also add that I am a newbie when it comes to off-reading.

From what I’ve been able to read the purpose of the locks is to allow for low pressure in the tires when going off road. And a secondary purpose is simply to look cool.

Can I put bead locks on my stock Moab wheels? I have joined the local Jeep club and plan on doing trail runs this fall.

Thanks!
Sponsored

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
No you cannot. You will need to buy new wheels that are specifically beadlock wheels. There are also a lot of faux beadlocks. Note that most beadlocks are not DOT approved, so some tire shops may not install them for you. They also tend to require a bit more maintenance over time. That said, it is nice to be able to run a much lower air pressure in certain situations.

My $0.02 -- go use your jeep and figure out what's needed next before you spend money.

OP
OP
Memphis Peej

Memphis Peej

First Name
PJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pilot, Acura TSX, 2019 Moab!!!
No you cannot. You will need to buy new wheels that are specifically beadlock wheels. There are also a lot of faux beadlocks. Note that most beadlocks are not DOT approved, so some tire shops may not install them for you. They also tend to require a bit more maintenance over time. That said, it is nice to be able to run a much lower air pressure in certain situations.

My $0.02 -- go use your jeep and figure out what's needed next before you spend money.
Sounds like experienced advice.
Thanks!

Alacon01

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase

100% this, take your jeep out stock and learn, take your time and have fun. Your first few times out make it a goal to use minimal throttle and focus on picking the best line you can. you should be able to go down to 13-15 psi with stock wheels, ant that will take you a lot of places.
Sponsored