Steering wheel squeak when cold?

AlexJeepVB

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon 2.0T eTorque
Just heard for the first time this morning around 28 degrees the steering wheel making a noticeable squeaking sound when turning it until it warmed up. Anyone have this issue?
Sponsored

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Just heard for the first time this morning around 28 degrees the steering wheel making a noticeable squeaking sound when turning it until it warmed up. Anyone have this issue?
Hi Alex,
Should you decide to have your dealer take a look, feel free to PM us for additional assistance.
Alex
JeepCares

drvn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU, 2014 JKU, 2005 TJ
Vehicle Showcase
I have noticed a mild squeak when turning the wheel as well. This is even after the vehicle has been running for a while. Temp outside was 35 to 50 degrees. Any update on yours?

OP
OP
AlexJeepVB

AlexJeepVB

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon 2.0T eTorque
I have noticed a mild squeak when turning the wheel as well. This is even after the vehicle has been running for a while. Temp outside was 35 to 50 degrees. Any update on yours?
Never got a chance to mess with it and ended up trading the sport in for a rubicon. I was going to try and spray some white lithium grease in there and see if it made any difference.

HeavyUser

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Same behavior here, haven't heard it as much now that the weather is warming up.

Not going to worry too much about it unless is gets worse.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Same behavior here, haven't heard it as much now that the weather is warming up.

Not going to worry too much about it unless is gets worse.
We're sorry to hear that you are both experiencing this. If you decide to visit your dealer, please feel free to loop us in via PM. We would be happy to provide additional assistance throughout your service visits.
Alex
Jeep Cares
Sponsored