• Poll closed .

rhocking

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler 2.0T JLU Sport S
As noted previously in this thread I took my 2020 JL in for warranty fix on Mon Nov-15. Dealer noted, "Remote starter system - Test and Replace Relay". Other notes indicated, "Hooked up GR8 to Main Battery. Battery Passed" and "Hooked up Small Battery to GR8. Small Battery Passed".

The bad news is that Start/Stop, which was working after I picked up the Jeep, worked for only a few days. On Fri and Today Nov-20 the message "Not Ready Battery Charging" is back. Fix didn't eliminate the message. Stop/Start worked for less than a week :(

Will be calling dealer to setup another warranty appointment on Mon morning. All the forum messages I read suggest the message is often due to a bad battery but I will have to wait and see what comes of this since the dealer told me that both batteries passed the test on their GR8.

Stinks having to take the Jeep back in after only a week.
Sponsored

rhocking

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler 2.0T JLU Sport S
You may have bad batteries (not my first guess.)

You may have something drawing current that shouldn't.

You may have a garden variety JL that if not driven longer distances, more frequently, or not hooked up to a trickle charger at rest, doesn't run enough to charge your ESS battery to a point where ESS will engage, and that in short order (a few days) after the battery is new/fully charged, fails to engage ESS.
Have booked an appointment for next Mon. I have not installed anything electrical (waiting until I am outside warranty period) and Jeep has been running fine with Start/Stop engaging without issues for 18 month. Not sure what might have changed to cause the Start/Stop message to appear. Nothing installed recently (and nothing electrical changed from stock).

Your point about charging the batteries more frequently is a good one. Waiting to see what the dealer does to resolve the issue but from what I have been reading it seems like general consensus is that with the big battery/small battery design and if you do small trips the best way to keep the batteries in good shape is to trickle charge.

Mutlkey53

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL, purchased new in April 2021
So, I have a new JL. The start stop feature has only worked once in the almost year I have had it. I know it’s probably a faulty auxiliary battery. Should I get this fixed. It’s kinda nice to not have to hit the button to deactivate the start stop feature. What else runs off this secondary battery?
We had our new 3.6 JL for under a month and the bloody thing refused to start twice. Had it into a local dealer workshop and they reckoned they'd fixed it, but they lied, they had not. A month later, it failed to start again. This time I drove it 450km to the original dealer, and they had it for 2 days. So far, its working again, but I carry a 12-volt jump-pack in the back just in case it shits itself again.
Sponsored