Springtail folding tailgate table

Wyle E Coyote

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Photos will help but I will actually need to get some in hand to evaluate them and see where we can improve on the design.

I have yet to see them in person as the seem unobtainable except as an ordered option with a new JL

Doc
Yeah, I coulnd't find them on the MOPAR website. The only thing I can see them worth having for (now that I have them) is a hard tie-down in the floor (or a TBD slide-out to be invented by you. :) )
Sponsored

camrex

First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Hi Doc,

Does your table work with the TrailRail system? I got that with my 19 JLUR so I ordered the Mopar but willing to ditch it for yours even though I haven’t even gotten the Mopar one in the mail yet.
I have the TrailRail system and the Springtail table. And yes, you can mount the Springtail table over the TrailRail system using the hardware that comes with the table. There might be a slight slant to the back (but only by a mm). But Doc is right it totally negates the TrailRail system (the same goes for the Mopar table, which I originally installed, but returned due to rattle.) I will probably do what Doc suggests and order the missing panel where the TrailRail system is and sell the TrailRail tailgate part.

I’ll try to post a picture when I have an opportunity.

Wyle E Coyote

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
So since I had already ordered the Mopar table, I tried it out. Even with the TrailRail system, it requires drilling through the plastic panel on the two lower mounts. I assumed it floated with bumpers or something. The instructions were worthless. But I was able to leave the TrailRail with one or two (I left one) clip that can slide left and right within the table mount spacers. The Mopar table I got had bumpers on the top along with the latches and with the 4-point mounts, the table is very solid. I'll keep an eye on it to see if it starts to rattle, but right now, it is almost too tight. I may get the molle bags from Springtail all the same and see how it goes with the Mopar table.

Springtail

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1977 FJ40, (RestoMod), 2018 Camaro SS Convertible, 2020 Tesla Model Y Performance
Occupation
Co-Owner Springtail LLC
I have the TrailRail system and the Springtail table. And yes, you can mount the Springtail table over the TrailRail system using the hardware that comes with the table. There might be a slight slant to the back (but only by a mm). But Doc is right it totally negates the TrailRail system (the same goes for the Mopar table, which I originally installed, but returned due to rattle.) I will probably do what Doc suggests and order the missing panel where the TrailRail system is and sell the TrailRail tailgate part.

I’ll try to post a picture when I have an opportunity.
Thanks for checking that out....

FYI: The part number is
Mopar (6BZ42TX7AB)

https://parts.moparonlineparts.com/...sZXImeT0yMDE4JnQ9cnViaWNvbiZlPTMtNmwtdjYtZ2Fz

So since I had already ordered the Mopar table, I tried it out. Even with the TrailRail system, it requires drilling through the plastic panel on the two lower mounts. I assumed it floated with bumpers or something. The instructions were worthless. But I was able to leave the TrailRail with one or two (I left one) clip that can slide left and right within the table mount spacers. The Mopar table I got had bumpers on the top along with the latches and with the 4-point mounts, the table is very solid. I'll keep an eye on it to see if it starts to rattle, but right now, it is almost too tight. I may get the molle bags from Springtail all the same and see how it goes with the Mopar table.
The good news is that if you hate it.....Springtail uses the same mounting holes, so No extra drilling to mount ours. :)

Doc

Wyle E Coyote

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon

Sponsored

Argh_Kells

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
I went with Springtail for my tailgate table solution. I am extremely happy with it, was very easy to install, and does not rattle at all! I am also happy I purchased the flat table that goes along with it, making it very easy to write on. Additionally, the bags are great, fit perfect and are the perfect size. I highly recommend this product.

IMG_6731.jpeg

IMG_6730.jpg

GT40Guy

First Name
Lynn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rub/Recon
I spent awhile looking at the different options for tailgate tables and MOLLE storage. It came down to the Springtail for me because of all the positive feedback and the price point was pretty good.

The install was very easy and it is really solid. The best part: ZERO rattles. None. I bought some cheap MOLLE bags on Amazon but I’m going to buy the Springtail bags to get enough room for recovery gear. Highly recommend.

Also, in case anyone else wants cargo security, this does work with the slipstream.

Jeep Wrangler JL Springtail folding tailgate table IMG_6730

Jeep Wrangler JL Springtail folding tailgate table IMG_6730
I too spent a great deal of time researching the various solutions for a tailgate table. Springtail offers a well made, easy to install setup. See the pix. Its beefy construction allows for good load support. I also bought the Molle bag set to go with it. My wife already filled the orange one up with 1st aid gear and the black one is for bear spray and dog walking bits. The molle bags are fastened to a velcro "panel" that mounts to the bottom of the table. Just yank the bag off the panel and go! I found the panels a bit difficult to fit using the snap/straps so I simply tie-wrapped them to the bottom which actually worked much better and leaves a much flatter surface than using the snap/straps.
Jeep Wrangler JL Springtail folding tailgate table 20200818_094659
Jeep Wrangler JL Springtail folding tailgate table 20200818_094643

Mdmorrissey

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon JLU
Just wrapped up installing my Springtail Solutions folding table and wanted to share. My wife and I went on a small off-roading picnic into the mountains a few weeks back and we realized how nice it would be to have additional space for "picnic-stuff", which got me looking into various table options. What drove me towards Springtail Solutions were all of the positive reviews - especially about how solid/quiet they were. I was not disappointed in my choice. Install was pretty straightforward and easy. I didn't even look at the instructions which were included with the table, but rather used the Youtube video provided by Springtail. Probably the most difficult aspect was getting the shoulder bolts installed, due to the heavy layer of powder coating (mentioned and addressed in the video). Just work with it several times as the video suggests and soon the bolt will go in and provide a nice, solid fit. I strapped on one of the Molle bags, and although I havn't had time to fill it with anything, I did stick the canister of Clorox wipes which has been rolling around in my cargo area in there for ease of access (great to wipe things down after shopping during Covid!). Also stuck the Jeep took kit which contains the tools to remove the hardtop, which I always have to track down when I want to take the roof off. Overall, very pleased and Doc at Springtail is really a good guy to deal with. Hope this helps with any decision-making you may have in regards to a table for your Wrangler.

Jeep Wrangler JL Springtail folding tailgate table IMG_3426

Jeep Wrangler JL Springtail folding tailgate table IMG_3427

Jeep Wrangler JL Springtail folding tailgate table IMG_3428

Jeep Wrangler JL Springtail folding tailgate table IMG_0093

Jeep Wrangler JL Springtail folding tailgate table IMG_0094

Last edited:

Gellie

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Just out of curiosity, why do most prefer the springtail over the Mopar table?

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
I set my station to the radio ID and I get no noise from the XM pirates ..
If I had to guess?
Better construction out of heavier duty materials, and no rattling.

I used mine on my recent trip to Rausch Creek and Still love it. Nothing but good things to say and the mod is well worth it.

Sponsored

OminousSkitter

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport
Occupation
Software & Coastal Engineer
Just out of curiosity, why do most prefer the springtail over the Mopar table?
Same as RubiScott's. I've had more rattles coming from my glovebox than from that table (read: none). The only thing I would change in the design is replace all the plastic and hug the tailgate another half an inch.

Gellie

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Thanks all. Does anyone have a video link for the installation?

OminousSkitter

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport
Occupation

OminousSkitter

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport
Occupation
Do you have a photo of your cord setup that you would be willing to share? I'm interested in possibly replicating how you have it done.
I honestly didn't do anything that special. I'd post a picture, but the knot I used is considered a hate crime by today's media. It allows me to easily adjust tension if I have something especially heavy on it and manage the excess cord.

twisty

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
What is the weight of this thing.? I dont see a contact number to call and ask for myself.
Sponsored