Spare tire cover

FinallyaWillys

First Name
Debbie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wrangler Willys
My Willys is built!!! I want to order a tire cover. Should I get a locking one? Do those get stolen?
Sponsored

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Rarely does a spare get stolen. You could get a set of 4 locking lug nuts and put 3 of them on the spare, that should discourage a thief. But why a cover? Those used to be put on Wranglers years ago to cover the non matching cheap spare wheel and tire.

Your spare matches the wheels on the ground, don't cover it up. Plus, the covers for JLs need to have a hole in the center for the rear view camera.

swavescatter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLU Rubicon
A nice cover that would work on a 35" spare with the camera would be great IMO. Doesn't look as cool, but will keep your tire out of the sun and extend the useful life due to protection from UV breakdown...

Function over form.

Sponsored

dragoneggs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

Hmmm.... a spare tire to protect from UV breakdown... 🤔
Probably ought to cover the other four as well then. 😉
The others are not as exposed to the elements. RVers often cover their tires when it is sitting for prolong periods.

I have a cover but it was a little too big and baggy for my stock 285s. Now that I have aftermarket wheels, I hate to cover it up but will give it a try to see how it fits.

OP
OP
FinallyaWillys

FinallyaWillys

First Name
Debbie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wrangler Willys
Rarely does a spare get stolen. You could get a set of 4 locking lug nuts and put 3 of them on the spare, that should discourage a thief. But why a cover? Those used to be put on Wranglers years ago to cover the non matching cheap spare wheel and tire.

Your spare matches the wheels on the ground, don't cover it up. Plus, the covers for JLs need to have a hole in the center for the rear view camera.
Thank you - I am aware of the camera - but that Peace Out Sasquatch cover is just meant for me

OP
OP
FinallyaWillys

FinallyaWillys

First Name
Debbie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wrangler Willys
Tire covers can be fun on top of protecting the tire from the elements when not in use. I had this one custom made.

Jeep Wrangler JL Spare tire cover IMG_3427
I love the Peace Out Sasquatch cover so much and saw one with a 45 Pound plate - I am a pro bodybuilder - that would be fun!

Sponsored

OP
OP
FinallyaWillys

FinallyaWillys

First Name
Debbie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wrangler Willys
Hmmm.... a spare tire to protect from UV breakdown... 🤔
Probably ought to cover the other four as well then. 😉
That is actually funny - had not thought about protection from the elements, though - just thought that Peace Out Sasquatch cover was BADASS!

OP
OP
FinallyaWillys

FinallyaWillys

First Name
Debbie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wrangler Willys

OP
OP
FinallyaWillys

FinallyaWillys

First Name
Debbie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wrangler Willys
I may just have to cover it up sometimes.
Sponsored