Spacers for spare

Fdcjames

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler
Just had 285/70r17 duratracs installed on my stock rim. Shop says spare carrier doesn’t have enough thread to put on spare and I need to come back tomorrow with about a 1.5 inch spacer to mount spare. Is this normal? I thought that size would mount no issue.
Sponsored

DirtRoad1981

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler JLU SPORT
Occupation
Diesel Mechanic
Vehicle Showcase
Just had 285/70r17 duratracs installed on my stock rim. Shop says spare carrier doesn’t have enough thread to put on spare and I need to come back tomorrow with about a 1.5 inch spacer to mount spare. Is this normal? I thought that size would mount no issue.
I need a relocation bracket for the spare mount

DirtRoad1981

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler JLU SPORT
Occupation
Diesel Mechanic
Vehicle Showcase
You**

OP
OP

Fdcjames

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler
I got called into work so I didn’t get a chance to look at it but a 33 inch tire should be clearing the bumper. The relocation brackets I’ve seen look like they move the tire higher to clear bumper. The tech was saying the threads weren’t long enough, not that it wasn’t clearing the bumper. It just doesn’t seem right to me.

Bubba33

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 jeep wrangler Sahara JL
I went from.stock 18 Sahara wheel and tire to stock 33 rubicon with no problems.

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEROKEE TRAILHAWK/ JEEP GLADIATOR
Occupation
RETIRED
It's all in the "BUMPSTOPS" my man--just cut down the size !

If the tire "RESTS" on the bumper--THATS TO YOU ADVANT6AGE--that will reduce the WEIGHT/STRESS ON THE STOCK SPARE TIRE CARRIER----

I've done it that way for over 25 years and also use that same principal on my JL and off-road trailer spare !!

Good luck

JIMBO
Sponsored