Throttle Body Spacers

Bullwinkle

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S
Hello all, I have a 2019 JL, somewhere between my house and aFe, I have a cold air intake on the way, so, do you have any thoughts on a throttle body spacer? should it be aFe for best results, or is there a better spacer than the silver bullet...I see, they all have their own spin on design... thanks Lyle
Sponsored

OP
OP
Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S
Throttle body spacers are snake oil. They have no benefit on a fuel injected motor.
Fair enough, that opinion, is why I ask...seems it's about 50 50...so after CAI upgrade, what's next MODwise for performance that's a reasonable wish on my wish list? Am thinking CAT back Magnaflow thanks, the newbie, Lyle

JeepU4IA

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Dodge Charger R/T, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Throttle body spacers can actually hurt performance. The benefits of CAI and exhaust may be marginal but at least they do no harm.

WilhelmSR

First Name
Wilhelm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HellaYella JLUR
Throttle Body Spacers have been tested over and over again. 95% of the time they have no effect and the other 5% of the time they hurt performance. The only reason they are still made is because people still buy them. Save the $100+ and put it towards another mod.

Most accurate DYNO test
Jeep Wrangler JL Throttle Body Spacers 1632217599462

Sponsored

Ridgway Jeeper

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Occupation
Real Estate Agent
None of that junk is actually going to improve performance. It will make more noise and drain your bank account but the tangible benefits just are not there. Want more power? Supercharge it, anything less is just a waste.

NoahVD

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
If you're running the 3.6 V6 you could get a tune from Livernois that gives you an extra 30 to 50 hp depending on the fuel used.

OP
OP
Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S
Hello all, I have a 2019 JL, somewhere between my house and aFe, I have a cold air intake on the way, so, do you have any thoughts on a throttle body spacer? should it be aFe for best results, or is there a better spacer than the silver bullet...I see, they all have their own spin on design... thanks Lyle
Thank you all and appreciated...Supercharger isn't gonna happen but I'll keep it clean, that should be good for some performance, lol
So next thought...do I need my maps upgraded in UCONNECT? Not sure what I have, stock I guess, anyhow, I saw guys talkin about V17.43.01 from MY15, 14 or 13.....On same subject, Is ALLTRAILS worth the fee, I live in Southern Oregon, thanks again all....peace out

BlackGenesis

First Name
Andrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sahara unlimited
If you're running the 3.6 V6 you could get a tune from Livernois that gives you an extra 30 to 50 hp depending on the fuel used.
I concur, only performance gain on NA v6 wrangler that you actually have tangible improvement especially in lower to mid rpms. While other mods offer non there.

BlackGenesis

First Name
Andrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sahara unlimited
I will say that spacer comes in handy only if you are spraying Nitrous (and it has nitrous port).
They use to market them to eliminate heat soak due to the fact that coolant lines run thru throttle body and heating up manifold (if its cast). Simple solution was to unplug two colant hoses from TB and splice them together to bypas TB...about $5 with tax max if you go with brass fitting