Spacer Lift Shock Length

RW Sting Gray

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Sport S
I have a JLU Sport S with Rubi wheels and tires...
So I am trying to wrap my head around shock lengths when adding just a spacer lift. I've been doing research and seeing different ways to come up with a shock length and maybe even needing longer bump stops depending on other factors. If I can avoid it, I dont wanna go and take things off and do math as I know this wouldnt be a strong suit. I know I can get a spacer lift and just be done with it leaving the stock shocks alone. My plan is to run the Teraflex 1.5" spacer lift and adding new shock while in there. Since I dont wanna spend the money on a true lift kit yet, I wanna at least future proof the shocks for a future lift. (The goal is to add a lift later when I'm ready to upgrade to 35's).
Anywho, the shocks I would get are the Fox Performance series for "2-3 lift".
The specs of the Fox's are as follows, per the internet.
Front Shocks Extended = 26.25"
Front Shocks Collapsed = 16.75"
Rear Shocks Extended = 29.50"
Rear Shocks Collapsed = 18.50"

If I require new bumps, I'd purchase them at the same time so I wouldnt have to install things twice. The Falcon bumps show they are for 0-4" lift, I'd probably go with these If needed.
I dont know the measurement of the stock shocks, if that comes into play here. On my JK I had a 2.5" lift kit so never really thought about it.
Maybe someone on here has this same set up, with some type of aftermarket shock and a spacer lift. Part of me just wants to pull the trigger on a lift kit but riding on 33's right now and I wont like the look of it. This Jeep will also go off road and see some moderate trails, not just fire roads.
Is there an easy answer for this or am I going to have to do some trial and error lol.
Any thoughts would be appreciated!
Sponsored