First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL 4 door unlimited sport
Occupation
HVAC technician
What is the deal with spacer lift kits? If I put a spacer lift on will this preform the same as a lift kit with springs? I seen a 3.5” spacer lift kit that I was thinking about getting but do not really understand the differences? This is the lift I was thinking of getting it’s a RC.

0DA681B0-D757-4A15-A985-E73652C86DCB.png
Sponsored

lookitsadam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
The difference in a spacer lift is that with a spacer lift you're using the stock springs and putting a "hockey puck" spacer to create lift. A normal lift gives you longer springs to replace the stock springs in order to gain lift.

A spacer kit typically only gives you the spacers and maybe some shock extensions and sway bar links, that's it.
What you've linked is quite a hefty parts list for a spacer kit, and at that point you're basically replacing everything a suspension lift would, minus the springs. Depending on price, just go for the full suspension lift at that point.

OP
OP
Aaron [•iii•]
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
HVAC technician
The difference in a spacer lift is that with a spacer lift you're using the stock springs and putting a "hockey puck" spacer to create lift. A normal lift gives you longer springs to replace the stock springs in order to gain lift.

A spacer kit typically only gives you the spacers and maybe some shock extensions and sway bar links, that's it.
What you've linked is quite a hefty parts list for a spacer kit, and at that point you're basically replacing everything a suspension lift would, minus the springs. Depending on price, just go for the full suspension lift at that point.
That’s what I was thinking. I figured a normal suspension lift would be better. The link above for that whole lift was $700? Is that worth the price? Based off what I’ve seen for regular lifts for whole suspension they’re a lot more expensive. Are the spacer lifts a bad idea?

lookitsadam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
$700 isn't bad, but if you're replacing all those parts anyway and then cheap out and put a spacer in you might as well just cough up a few extra bucks to go for the springs as well. Especially if you plan on doing some serious off roading.

I got the RC kit below and it's perfect for me. I won't be doing any rock crawling and mostly got it just so I could fit a slightly bigger tire on a Sport. I may swap in some take off Rubicon shocks/springs later on to give another .5in or so but I'm more than happy with this set up for what I plan to do.
https://www.roughcountry.com/jeep-s...MIqMuq-tO43QIVBAaGCh3AUQ6jEAQYAiABEgJYwvD_BwE

OP
OP
Aaron [•iii•]
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
HVAC technician
$700 isn't bad, but if you're replacing all those parts anyway and then cheap out and put a spacer in you might as well just cough up a few extra bucks to go for the springs as well. Especially if you plan on doing some serious off roading.

I got the RC kit below and it's perfect for me. I won't be doing any rock crawling and mostly got it just so I could fit a slightly bigger tire on a Sport. I may swap in some take off Rubicon shocks/springs later on to give another .5in or so but I'm more than happy with this set up for what I plan to do.
https://www.roughcountry.com/jeep-s...MIqMuq-tO43QIVBAaGCh3AUQ6jEAQYAiABEgJYwvD_BwE
Thanks for your input I appreciate it

DocJLU

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
For about $400 more, you get buy just the 3.5” taller springs from Rockcrawler and end up with a great ride.
Sponsored