First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
I didn’t air down. I was feeling lazy and wasn’t worried about getting stuck. Tire pressure shouldn’t affect the way it bogs down on me I wouldn’t think.
it does. Because it causes wheel spin which causes the system to fuel cut. It also tears up the trail and can chunk your tires. Airing down gives the tire more grip via deformation.

its ultimately a driver problem not an equipment one.

OP
OP

AZDustMuncher

First Name
L.C.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4dr Rubicon, 2005 Turbo Silverado, 2004 Grand Cherokee Overland
it does. Because it causes wheel spin which causes the system to fuel cut. It also tears up the trail and can chunk your tires. Airing down gives the tire more grip via deformation.

its ultimately a driver problem not an equipment one.
Sorry I don’t enjoy driving like old fart. If I’m not spinning my tires, I’m not having any fun. The limitations Fiat puts on these Jeeps with all the stuff the computer won’t let you do sucks.

Sponsored

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
Sorry I don’t enjoy driving like old fart. If I’m not spinning my tires, I’m not having any fun. The limitations Fiat puts on these Jeeps with all the stuff the computer won’t let you do sucks.
cool story, bruh.

Willing&Able

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 392 20th Anniversary
Clubs

I agree on the power. I expected it adding 37" tires and other heavy gear (i.e. winch). I did regear to 4.88's to compensate, but it is still a slug. On the highway with cruise set at 70mph if there is even a slight incline I will start to scrub speed 1 mph at a time until it levels out. This is in sixth gear with a MT. I have to downshift to keep (reset) cruise steady or I become 'that guy' on the highway changing speeds all the time.

I don't expect a JLUR to be fast by any stretch - but at least maintain cruise as highway speed. Oh, and this is at ~700 ft of elevation...
Sponsored