Soft Top Window Drips from factory

86mets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 1966 CJ5
I'm looking for some guidance on how to proceed. I have reached out to JeepCares twice with no replies. I recently purchased a premium soft top from someone that got the dual top group and only wanted the hard top. It was new in box and still sealed from the factory. My issue is that all three windows have what appears to be drip marks. I know of at least three others that have had the same issue. My situation is a little different because I did not purchase the top with my Jeep. Is this a Jeep issue or a Bestop issue? Will either of them help remedy the situation even though I not the original owner? I have tried the Novus system with no luck.
Soft top window.jpg
Sponsored

jrohan07

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GCM 2018 JLUS Firecracker Red
I got dual tops as well but no drip marks like yours.
My previous Jeep only had the HT and I purchased a soft top brand new sealed in the box. I went to my dealer and said I wanted to add the soft top to my VIN record on file. No problem. 3 Months later a slight unravelling of the soft top stitching and took it to dealer and was covered under warranty.
Maybe call a few dealers and ask the question as I asked one dealer (not where I purchased my Jeep) if I bought a soft top later on and I had warranty issues on the top he found out that if the soft top was not part of the purchase then it would not be covered unless it was added to your VIN.