Yngwie

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Sarge Green JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Argh. My wife just called and said the passenger side rear window blew off on the highway. We must not have secured it the last time we put the top back on.

I'm trying to quickly find a replacement. The top is listed as the "Premium Black Sunrider Soft Top" on the invoice, but all I can find with a quick search is the Black Diamond or Black Twill Mopar windows.

https://www.quadratec.com/p/mopar/soft-top-window-clear-wrangler-jlu/black-twill-passenger

I assume the proper replacement is the Black Twill, as that is the apparently more "premium" replacement.

Someone please verify this is correct and I can just order the one on the link above.
Sponsored

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Why not check to see if a dealer parts department has one in stock?

JP29

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport
Argh. My wife just called and said the passenger side rear window blew off on the highway. We must not have secured it the last time we put the top back on.

I'm trying to quickly find a replacement. The top is listed as the "Premium Black Sunrider Soft Top" on the invoice, but all I can find with a quick search is the Black Diamond or Black Twill Mopar windows.

https://www.quadratec.com/p/mopar/soft-top-window-clear-wrangler-jlu/black-twill-passenger

I assume the proper replacement is the Black Twill, as that is the apparently more "premium" replacement.

Someone please verify this is correct and I can just order the one on the link above.
I believe if your top is premium, you'll need to order the black twill windows.

OP
OP
Yngwie

Yngwie

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Sarge Green JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
was the top open? windows up or down? travelling how fast when it happened? thanks
I assume by top open you mean the sunrider, as the rear windows cannot be installed without the top up.

I wasn't in the Jeep at the time, but here are my good guesses: Highway speed, at least 55 mph, with the top closed. As far as I know, my wife has never opened the sunrider on her own, as she has expressed reluctance to do so.

Not too sure about the windows being up or down, but my less good guess is they were up.

EDIT: Confirmed: Speed was about 55 mph, top and windows were up.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Yngwie

Yngwie

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Sarge Green JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I believe if your top is premium, you'll need to order the black twill windows.
Thanks.

Why not check to see if a dealer parts department has one in stock?
Thanks for the tip. Called a dealer. Out of stock, the price was over $500, 5 day wait, and we would have to go pick it up.

Called Quadratec, the price is only $319.99 with free shipping, but the window is currently unavailable and unknown when it will come in stock.

Looks like we will use the dealer.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Is this the number?
WINDOW. Tailgate.
Part Number: 5VP84FX9AG

$394 Mopar retail, $270 online Mopar parts dealers. Plus shipping. You should try them and see if one is in stock.

OP
OP
Yngwie

Yngwie

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Sarge Green JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Is this the number?
WINDOW. Tailgate.
Part Number: 5VP84FX9AG

$394 Mopar retail, $270 online Mopar parts dealers. Plus shipping. You should try them and see if one is in stock.
Thanks for the tip. It's the passenger side rear window/panel.

This is the part according to Quadratec:
Mopar 5VN12FX9AF Clear Soft Top Window Passenger Side in Black Twill for 18-20 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited

Looks like it is available:
https://parts.moparonlineparts.com/oem-parts/mopar-side-glass-5vn12fx9af

Price was only about $270.

However, I am not sure how reputable those places are. More importantly, I'm not sure I'm getting the right part. Especially because I get this when I enter my 2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 3.6L as my vehicle:

"This part does not fit your 2020 Jeep Wrangler CHANGE VEHICLE"

OP
OP
Yngwie

Yngwie

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Sarge Green JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Great suggestion about Bam Wholesale and checking the part number. Not only do they have the best price I've seen, but they are also prompt, knowledgeable, and helpful with their communication. I had the wrong part number and they corrected it based on my VIN.

Sponsored

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Great suggestion about Bam Wholesale and checking the part number. Not only do they have the best price I've seen, but they are also prompt, knowledgeable, and helpful with their communication. I had the wrong part number and they corrected it based on my VIN.
There have been some recent complaints about BAMs lack of communication on backordered proximity handles and wiring. All of the online Mopar dealers have about the same price but their shipping varies quite a bit. Some items I was looking at varied from $14 to $53 for the same items for shipping.

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
I bought my top from them. Premium twill and man they had the best/lowest price. I was a little afraid I was going to get something else but it was put on a transport arrived and wow It felt like xmas I saved a lot of money on it and yes they were great!

OP
OP
Yngwie

Yngwie

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Sarge Green JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
There have been some recent complaints about BAMs lack of communication on backordered proximity handles and wiring. All of the online Mopar dealers have about the same price but their shipping varies quite a bit. Some items I was looking at varied from $14 to $53 for the same items for shipping.
Yeah. After checking a bunch of online Mopar dealers, it seemed many price variances equalized once you added in the shipping.

BAM was still better than most after adding in shipping, but then I upgraded to expedited and don't know if that equalized it again. At least it was almost half the price of the dealer.

User Banned

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Guitars & Drums

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JLU Sport, JTuRD
The Recall is an addendum to the Owners Manual, I received the additional pages in the mail even though both Jeeps were hardtops.

Gregj
Sponsored