Soft top -rear window question

xeon

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Pulled mine into the Sunrider position today. Left the windows on and of course forgot to put the velcro straps on. Hit the freeway - topped out at 65 MPH....no incidents. But sort of remembered something that should have been done...(those velcro straps) so got off and took surface streets home next 20 miles.... at 45MPH...no issues. Going to keep using it with the windows on but wont forget the straps next time.
Sponsored

bam1111

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I leave the windows in as well. No problems at all. I rarely use the straps as well and no issues driving 65 to 75 mph.

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
I have never put the velcro straps on! I always am in sunrider mode to work and back 80mph 1 hr commute each way, have never had an issue and I go over a bridge everyday with gusts of wind. I have to say that my top is not just a flip back with one hand or back in place, it takes a lot of effort to put it back or vice versa like the bars are extra tight. I had one on my Jk and that one was like nothing to toss back and would lift if a truck went by me

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I have never put the velcro straps on! I always am in sunrider mode to work and back 80mph 1 hr commute each way, have never had an issue and I go over a bridge everyday with gusts of wind. I have to say that my top is not just a flip back with one hand or back in place, it takes a lot of effort to put it back or vice versa like the bars are extra tight. I had one on my Jk and that one was like nothing to toss back and would lift if a truck went by me
There is no way you can go 80 mph in RI. By the time you get uo to 50 you are already in another state.:rock:
Sponsored