Soft top help

rocketman9132

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep JL Rubicon
Hello. Just received my new JL Rubicon and put the soft top on today. We double checked all the instructions and think we did it right. There is a gap between the top and the front windshield of approximately 3". Can this be adjusted? What am I missing?
Sponsored

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
You have to let it stretch out!!!!!!!!! There are a million posts on this. To let it sit in the sun . You can try to pull it to get the j hook to catch then latch. You wont be able to open until it is stretched out. Day in the sun usually does it!

OP
OP

rocketman9132

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep JL Rubicon
You have to let it stretch out!!!!!!!!! There are a million posts on this. To let it sit in the sun . You can try to pull it to get the j hook to catch then latch. You wont be able to open until it is stretched out. Day in the sun usually does it!

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
There has never been one wrangler that the brand new top just went on and there was no need to stretch. I myself was able to strong arm mine when I installed it but then could not get it open again till the next day after leaving it in the hot sun for the day.

Sponsored

rubileon

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR RHD 3.6
There has never been one wrangler that the brand new top just went on and there was no need to stretch. I myself was able to strong arm mine when I installed it but then could not get it open again till the next day after leaving it in the hot sun for the day.
The op says there's a 3" gap... that's never normal.

2mnycars

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
New Brunswick is a beautiful province. Incredible scenery.

I don't know what the weather was like today; however, about sunrise here in Toronto Ontario it was about 9 degrees Celsius. 48 F degrees.

BlackGenesis

First Name
Andrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sahara unlimited
Had the same issue 2 weeks ago. Put on the top and did not verify if it closes. Took Jeep right away to a gathering, just to realize that I can't close soft top when I tried to cover it up. Looked like good 2" gap, at least.
After it sat in the sun for one hour, I pushed at each cros bar starting from the back forward and was able to latch it.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP

rocketman9132

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep JL Rubicon
Had the same issue 2 weeks ago. Put on the top and did not verify if it closes. Took Jeep right away to a gathering, just to realize that I can't close soft top when I tried to cover it up. Looked like good 2" gap, at least.
After it sat in the sun for one hour, I pushed at each cros bar starting from the back forward and was able to latch it.