Sponsored

Soft top (bikini)? (Need a quick answer)

jdubya421

First Name
Jakob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2-Door MT V6
Build Thread
Link
AWESOME! Yes, I originally thought keeping the side windows on might help with that wind funnel effect, but I think it would be safer taking them right off.

And Safari mode is safe for highway speeds? Have you done this? The "tail" of the soft top doesn't flap around?
I ride around in Safari mode for like 80% of spring, summer, and fall. I prefer it to block some of the sun.
Sponsored

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
It WAS enjoyable!! Lee, I was going to email bestop but since you replied... I’m actually on the hunt for an exoskeleton that is compatible with my Bestop Sunrider (which I use with the hard top for 9 months of the year). Do you know of one?
I don't, but if you have a few options I may be able to help evaluate (guess) whether they would be compatible or not.

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

Wait... when you say Exoskeleton are you looking for an exo cage or a roof rack?

OP
OP
TrailJoy

TrailJoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS, HellaYella
I don't, but if you have a few options I may be able to help evaluate (guess) whether they would be compatible or not.

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

Wait... when you say Exoskeleton are you looking for an exo cage or a roof rack?
Cage (I have roof racks). I’ll PM you. (Thanks!)

OP
OP
TrailJoy

TrailJoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS, HellaYella
This worked better than I could have ever imagined. The blue ropes pull the nose in and are secured to the roll bars, which prevents the kayak from moving around in any direction but up. The green cam strap is only used toprevent the kayak from bouncing (it’s not on very tight). I couldn’t move that thing no matter how hard I tried, and it only sticks out a few feet (legal is 6’). You can’t see in the picture, but I put one of those foam roof blocks on the edge of the tail gate to create a cushion and protect the paint, and prevent the kayak from slipping.

Who needs a roof rack? LOL (Okay, me. I do. I sometimes kayak in poor weather so this would only work on warmer blue sky days. But for those days, this works GREAT!)

Thanks everyone!

F8E7533F-AB61-4FC9-822B-2E77D287DAFD.jpeg
Sponsored