Sponsored

Slanted soft top

frankmorris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Hi folks - This may be easily available information, but I don’t know what terms to search for. I saw a soft top of a JL the other day that had a slanted back side, and was wondering if that was after market or factory? If after market, where would I get it? Thanks
Sponsored

W5MQS

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Wrangler Rubicon JLU; 2020 Mercedes GLB 250; 2013 Red Ford F-150 4x4
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Interventional Cardiology
That's called a "fastback" top.

Sponsored

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
Hi folks - This may be easily available information, but I don’t know what terms to search for. I saw a soft top of a JL the other day that had a slanted back side, and was wondering if that was after market or factory? If after market, where would I get it? Thanks
Hey Frank @frankmorris

I've queued the video up to the point in it that precisely meets your interest::)

One of my personal favorite aspects of this top, is that like Bestop's soon to be released Sunrider top (a half soft top that replaces the hard top Freedom Panels) opening and closing the top is done from within the interior of the rig.

OP
OP

frankmorris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
This is perfect - thanks everyone. Looks like I need to go ahead and order the factory soft top as well now as the bestop one isn’t available yet for the new JLs.

Izzy901

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Grand Cherokee
This is perfect - thanks everyone. Looks like I need to go ahead and order the factory soft top as well now as the bestop one isn’t available yet for the new JLs.
It's supposed be to be available by the end of this year or very early next year.

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara

Sponsored

COBoarder

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS Ocean Blue
Nice thanks! Do folks think this product will be as good as the factory soft top? Wondering if I should cancel my order for the dual soft top
Just personal preference. I ran my 4 door JK with this product and preferred it over the factory soft top. My favorite configuration was the side and back windows removed and stored in the trunk. This allowed just the bikini to be left and I prefer that look to the JL factory soft top look with the top extension coming all the way the tailgate. Just me, but it just looks weird with the extension. I ordered hard top only...knowing Bestop will come out the Trextop before summer.

Also, I really loved the ability to flip the drivers portion of the top back at a stop light. Can't do that on the factory with all the accordion folding required.

Either way you can't go wrong but the quality is the same between both products.

OP
OP

frankmorris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Just personal preference. I ran my 4 door JK with this product and preferred it over the factory soft top. My favorite configuration was the side and back windows removed and stored in the trunk. This allowed just the bikini to be left and I prefer that look to the JL factory soft top look with the top extension coming all the way the tailgate. Just me, but it just looks weird with the extension. I ordered hard top only...knowing Bestop will come out the Trextop before summer.

Also, I really loved the ability to flip the drivers portion of the top back at a stop light. Can't do that on the factory with all the accordion folding required.

Either way you can't go wrong but the quality is the same between both products.
Thanks! That's good to hear. Need to make a decision soon then. Does the Bestop bag come with storage bags for the windows, etc. or are they not really needed?
Sponsored