Sky one touch top after market?

Jsabinpa

First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Anyone know if the sky one touch top is going to be an available option after market in the near future?
Sponsored

Curcurt

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

Anyone know if the sky one touch top is going to be an available option after market in the near future?
My wife was just asking me this question. I was looking at a Bestop and she wants the powertop. Have not been able to find it as an after-market add-on.

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
"MyTop" offers a power convertible top for JLs, and now Gladiators. There are people on the forum that have this, and love it

Curcurt

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

"MyTop" offers a power convertible top for JLs, and now Gladiators. There are people on the forum that have this, and love it
I love the MyTop but my wife wanted to see if the powertop was going to be an option in the aftermarket.

FloridaLarry

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubi 4xe
Occupation
IT Manager
Eeesh. I'm thinking of the cost of such an option if they were to sell it separately. On a new vehicle, it's a $4000 option which includes the trade in price of the regular softop which itself is about $2000. My math says $6000, which is way too out there to be a Mopar after-sale accessory.

And who knows, maybe its $4000 including the trade up for the painted 3-piece hard top! That calc would put it closer to $7500.

Sponsored

Midding

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe, 2019 JLUR, 2016 Sahara Unlimited
Eeesh. I'm thinking of the cost of such an option if they were to sell it separately. On a new vehicle, it's a $4000 option which includes the trade in price of the regular softop which itself is about $2000. My math says $6000, which is way too out there to be a Mopar after-sale accessory.

And who knows, maybe its $4000 including the trade up for the painted 3-piece hard top! That calc would put it closer to $7500.
Huh? Where’s the trade in you speak of? Jeep tops have to be ordered they don’t come standard.

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
I just had my SOT replaced because I FUBARed it. They at least have whole top as a single part number now…like just this month. Im not sure about the color matched rails, back windows or back glass.

FloridaLarry

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubi 4xe
Occupation
IT Manager
Huh? Where’s the trade in you speak of? Jeep tops have to be ordered they don’t come standard.
Basic accounting. You get the soft top included in base price. Then you can upgrade to the hardtop for $1500. You don't get both tops, so in effect you are giving back the soft top. The value of that soft top plus the $1500 is the retail price of the hard top.

Midding

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe, 2019 JLUR, 2016 Sahara Unlimited
Basic accounting. You get the soft top included in base price. Then you can upgrade to the hardtop for $1500. You don't get both tops, so in effect you are giving back the soft top. The value of that soft top plus the $1500 is the retail price of the hard top.
Must have missed that. When I ordered from the dealer there were two soft top options, a hard top, a freedom top and the Sky onetouch options all with prices. I even asked the dealer about it. Thanks for the info.

Sponsored

Ratiogear

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon
Must have missed that. When I ordered from the dealer there were two soft top options, a hard top, a freedom top and the Sky onetouch options all with prices. I even asked the dealer about it. Thanks for the info.
Same thing online, but it's the "premium" soft top option. Standard soft top is vinyl, soft top upgrade is canvas. It's why the dual top group is more expensive than the apparent prices of soft top and hard top, because each of the options includes a rebate of the standard vinyl soft top.

Hit more info on the top options and the description on the 'premium sunrider soft top' (black or tan) says "features an upgraded appearance and is quieter than the standard soft top".

Price on soft top upgrade=695
Price on 3 piece hardtop=1545
Price on dual top (description includes black 3 piece and premium softtop)=2495.

So to my napkin math, the standard soft top is like a 355$ value.

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JLU Sport, JTuRD
Done it. Twice.
Jeep Wrangler JL Sky one touch top after market? 27D998E5-CAA9-449B-8FF8-48943C4DE542
Jeep Wrangler JL Sky one touch top after market? 6078ED01-AD52-4336-9EC2-31988E92FFA0

The red one I traded a black hardtop for it, the white one I bought from LQK, it was Punkin’ and damaged/missing parts. I had it painted and ordered the missing parts. Completely possible for any JLU factory hardtop.
Gregj

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JLU Sport, JTuRD
Matt, I "believe" all Sahara's and Rubicon's have the necessary wiring, with all the new model variants the only thing you can do is check. The Boss' Rubicon had the wires, my Sport S did not. Not a big deal as it is two wires from a connector in the drivers side A pillar to a connector in the kick panel. Otherwise plug-and-play on a factory hardtop. the wires to check for are the two circled in the attached, they are in the A pillar connector behind the grab handle.
Gregj
Sponsored

Attachments