Sponsored

Shatter-X Windshield Hardener

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
The film is by racing optics and it’s held up on my ‘18 and ‘21. I haven’t peeled off a layer yet and it’s been 8 months.
How does it hold up with wipers, ice, snow, salt spray? How is the optical clarity, any distortion?

About how much does it cost?

Thanks
Sponsored

weeitsmikelee

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Wrangler392; ‘20 F-Pace; '15 XL883N; '82 CX500
Occupation
Healthcare
Vehicle Showcase
How does it hold up with wipers, ice, snow, salt spray? How is the optical clarity, any distortion?

About how much does it cost?

Thanks
There’s no distortion as it’s pretty much a screen protector. I do have a few small bubbles from trapped dust/ pollen from my own installation but there’s no yellowing of the film or anything like that.
If/When I do it again I’ll have someone help hold the film or take it to my local tint shop.

In my experience it’s not super hydrophobic so you won’t see raindrops bead off unless you apply rainx or something similar. In NY/NJ it holds up to salt spray fine. Washer fluid and wipers take the grime off and you shouldn’t see scratches/blemishes unless your wipers are beat.

You will still have about 1/4 inch border of your windshield uncovered by the film (unless they’ve updated size).

Price is under $200 w/ forum discount last I checked.