Sponsored

Service Stop/Start System

OffDutyPRU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler
Got this error while driving. Pressed the brake, car ESS activated, let go of my brake and the car jolted like the engine gear glitched. The car ran but the light and notification popped up. I’ve had issues with my jeep last year and I feel like this is the beginning stage of the problem I faced last year… bringing it to the dealership on Thursday but should I be concerned? Is this under warranty?
Sponsored

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
I have been getting this light and also Electronic stability control after my commute drive home. next day when I start the Jeep it's gone. Doesn't do it always and when I took it to the dealer it was on and they pulled it into the garage and turned off the jeep and of course it was gone and they told me there were no codes so they could not tell me what was going on with it. Originally I thought it was the batteries but they did a load test and a print out that showed the batteries were fine so I showed them the picture I took of both of them illuminated from the day before and they said until there is a code and it is illuminated again they could not do anything. This was after waiting 4 hours. I am still under my 36000 so I figured they would rectify it. Now after a week it's doing it again. Not everyday but it is still happening.

IMG_5382.jpg

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
I forgot to add mine is a manual, I presume yours is an automatic.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Steering angle is an input to both ESS and VSC. May be worth having them look into that.

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
mwilk012 Thanks for the info ...I def will have them look at that.
Sponsored