• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 11, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 11, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.
Sponsored

Pennsylvania Selling Tuffy Tailgate Lockbox

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
Eastern PA, about 40 minutes northwest of Reading.

I haven't shaved the metal washers down, so those are stock, and the little shelves that go inside the box are still in the plastic (just never got around to installing them). The lockbox was installed in my jeep for a few months, and it worked great and didn't rattle, but I ultimately took it out because it does interact with the soft top a little bit and I've needed that little bit of extra space back for a couple long trips with big objects.

It came with two keys, but I can only locate one of them. If I find the other, I promise I won't break into your jeep and unlock the box - ha!

Send me an offer if interested! Thanks!
Sponsored

OP
OP

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
Update: found the second key. You can rest easy.

wrangler-rob

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
What is your asking price? My buddy has a Sahara and might be interested. I am still running my plywood box and don’t see moving away from it anytime soon.
What is your asking price? My buddy might be interested for his Sahara, I am going to stick with my plywood box for the foreseeable future.

wrangler-rob

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
sorry for the multi-post. :) I thought I had posted a few days ago only to see nothing then when I posted again both messages (similar) hit.

Sponsored

OP
OP

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
Sorry didn't see these posts, was just looking at my messages. Here are some pics people asked for.

Not shipping, sorry. I'm asking for half the retail, so 150.

And it does have the shelves still in the plastic wrap, forget to put those in pics lol

IMG_20190914_090803457.jpg

IMG_20190914_090728460.jpg

pkoz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon
What do you mean it "does interact with the soft top a bit"? To what degree?
Thanks!

OP
OP

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
What do you mean it "does interact with the soft top a bit"? To what degree?
Thanks!
Sure, no prob. The lockbox makes it so that you can't put the soft top down and THEN close the tailgate. The fabric of the soft top comes down far enough that the lockbox pushes into it and won't close the tailgate. So, it's not a huge deal usually, but I would have to close the tailgate FIRST and then pull the soft top down into the lock position. Soft top will still push down fully and go into the lock position no problem at that point. I also like to wrap the top with a couple Velcro cords when I put it down, so that made it just a bit more of a hassle because I'd have to wrap the cords before I could fully push the top down into lock. (This is with the premium soft top, so I'm not sure if the sailcloth does the same thing if the fabric isn't as thick.)

So yea, that's it. It's not a huge deal really, but it can get annoying if you're out with the top down, need to open the tailgate and then close it again. I'd have to open the tailgate, unlock the top, push it back up a bit, close the tailgate once again, and then push the soft top back down into lock.

Sponsored

paffemt

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
Sure, no prob. The lockbox makes it so that you can't put the soft top down and THEN close the tailgate. The fabric of the soft top comes down far enough that the lockbox pushes into it and won't close the tailgate. So, it's not a huge deal usually, but I would have to close the tailgate FIRST and then pull the soft top down into the lock position. Soft top will still push down fully and go into the lock position no problem at that point. I also like to wrap the top with a couple Velcro cords when I put it down, so that made it just a bit more of a hassle because I'd have to wrap the cords before I could fully push the top down into lock. (This is with the premium soft top, so I'm not sure if the sailcloth does the same thing if the fabric isn't as thick.)

So yea, that's it. It's not a huge deal really, but it can get annoying if you're out with the top down, need to open the tailgate and then close it again. I'd have to open the tailgate, unlock the top, push it back up a bit, close the tailgate once again, and then push the soft top back down into lock.

I have the Tuffy Security Deck. So no more interference than what the deck does with the soft top.

OP
OP

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
Yea, it's really nothing major, was just an annoyance. Definitely not the reason I'm selling it. We have a 1 year-old and her stroller and stuff are absolutely huge in the back, and we need every inch we can get. I thought I could make it work, and for the most part it's not a big deal, but when we take longer trips and stuff throughout the year I need every available inch in the back. It's a nice box with good heft and will serve most people well for securing all sorts of things, I just needed more space for really big stuff.

DaveF

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
I have the same Tuffy Tailgate Lockbox on my JL. No problems with the soft top at all. Opens and closes with the soft top down no problem!!! I love it!!

I removed the plastic door panel and mounted it with shorter spacers. Saved myself about an inch of cargo space.