Selling car to Shift

Getmadboy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler 4xe
Anyone sell their car to Shift recently? I just had my car inspected by one of their reps and agreed on a selling price. I got an email from them asking for my payment info (bank info to get paid). In addition to my name and address and banking info, it’s also asking for ssn and date of birth. This is strange to me because I don’t feel that the ssn and dob are necessary to transfer funds. Can someone else confirm if this was their experience with Shift?
Sponsored

csjlu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
Anyone sell their car to Shift recently? I just had my car inspected by one of their reps and agreed on a selling price. I got an email from them asking for my payment info (bank info to get paid). In addition to my name and address and banking info, it’s also asking for ssn and date of birth. This is strange to me because I don’t feel that the ssn and dob are necessary to transfer funds. Can someone else confirm if this was their experience with Shift?
SSN and DOB are legit requests if transferring $10K or more b/c of anti-money laundering and anti-terrorism efforts of the US Govt. If they ask for your mother's maiden name or the first concert you attended, move along.

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
SSN and DOB are legit requests if transferring $10K or more b/c of anti-money laundering and anti-terrorism efforts of the US Govt. If they ask for your mother's maiden name or the first concert you attended, move along.
Agreed, only the government is allowed to launder money and sponsor terrorism, thems the rules.

Sponsored

den_jku

First Name
DS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
Get a quote from Vroom also, they have been offering $$$$ for Jeeps..

Also do not send SSN etc. in email, they should be able to do it online in a secure way.

OP
OP
Getmadboy

Getmadboy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler 4xe
So I did more research and it seems legit. Shift is also referenced by Car and Driver so I feel a lot better knowing a reputable source has reviewed and used them.

Ok has anyone sold to shift? They give a referral code, DM me your code and you get $100 and I get $100.

If you end up using them, use my referral code and we both get an extra $100.

My Referral Code: p8zpz

Sponsored

OP
OP
Getmadboy

Getmadboy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler 4xe
Get a quote from Vroom also, they have been offering $$$$ for Jeeps..

Also do not send SSN etc. in email, they should be able to do it online in a secure way.
I would never send ssn by email. But good putting it out there for those who may not know or may not think about this potential issue

RusM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
So I did more research and it seems legit. Shift is also referenced by Car and Driver so I feel a lot better knowing a reputable source has reviewed and used them.

Ok has anyone sold to shift? They give a referral code, DM me your code and you get $100 and I get $100.

If you end up using them, use my referral code and we both get an extra $100.

My Referral Code: p8zpz
I did recently sell my Taco to them, relatively painless process! They did ding me on a couple of paint chips I didn't even see, but the price was crazy!
FYI Vroom never followed through on my truck, shift came out next day and took it away for paid in 48hrs.

PM with code inbound!
Sponsored