Sahara 4xe and 33'.

Sahara4xeland

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Willys Sport XR.
How do you guys think the sahara will handle 33s but on 17s instead of the 20s stock no lift.

Thanks
Sponsored

OP
OP

Sahara4xeland

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Willys Sport XR.
Just wondering if the extra size will stress parts like when one jumps to 35... the stock tires on the 4xe sahara are 31...

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Just wondering if the extra size will stress parts like when one jumps to 35... the stock tires on the 4xe sahara are 31...
You wonā€™t have any issues. Many run 33s, even on Saharas.

Sponsored

Jeeperz Kreeperz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
How do you guys think the sahara will handle 33s but on 17s instead of the 20s stock no lift.
I swapped out my 2018 Sahara wheels & tires for 33ā€ Rubicon wheels/tires shortly after I bought it. No issues at all, and looks great!
Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara 4xe and 33'. 0520A03A-B9F4-4115-840B-0AD1CC497948

Jeep has no lift kit. Although, I did install Air Lift bags in the rear springs to help with camping trips like this one. There is roughly 900 pounds of gear/cargo in/on the Jeep in that picture, plus another 350 pounds once my wife and I jump in. Without the Air Lift Bags, she was squatting a couple inches in the rear (...the Jeep, not my wife). :LOL:

Sponsored

OP
OP

Sahara4xeland

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Willys Sport XR.
Even i am squatting after long trips like that !!! Good to know thanks for the info!!!

Hydro willy

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jl unlimited willys
What are the lightest but more aggressive looking tires that will fit the 20s on the Sahara. I like the rims just not the street tires I realize I will loose some mpg donā€™t really need bigger as I donā€™t want a lift so I would assume 33s

OP
OP

Sahara4xeland

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Willys Sport XR.
What are the lightest but more aggressive looking tires that will fit the 20s on the Sahara. I like the rims just not the street tires I realize I will loose some mpg donā€™t really need bigger as I donā€™t want a lift so I would assume 33s
This was one of my thoughts going 33 and 17s .... to my understanding it will reduce weight and give you the added benefits of sidewall.... jeeps should still run 15s and toyotas 16s that is the way i was brought of offroading.... granted we have bigger engines and brakes but nothing like a 37s in 15 wheels they look humongous
Sponsored