• Watchers 6

BombayTuna

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Hi All - Question for this group... I added Rubi Rails to my Sport S. My little ones still struggle to get in and out. I keep wondering... is it possible to use longer bolts, and attached both the rails and Sahara tubular side steps?

I'm not doing any crawling but I love the clean look the Rubi Rails add (vs. pinch seam). But, I kind of need the step, and a local seller is letting them go for cheap.

I realize it's a stretch, but is it impossible?
Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Hi All - Question for this group... I added Rubi Rails to my Sport S. My little ones still struggle to get in and out. I keep wondering... is it possible to use longer bolts, and attached both the rails and Sahara tubular side steps?

I'm not doing any crawling but I love the clean look the Rubi Rails add (vs. pinch seam). But, I kind of need the step, and a local seller is letting them go for cheap.

I realize it's a stretch, but is it impossible?
Won't work from what I have seen. Buy the Moab performance rock rails if you like the look and want a slight step. The Moab rails are wider so kids can use them as a step. Or buy something like the Roam step/rails if you won't be driving in salt. There have been reports of poor durability if used in winter though.

Or just buy and install the Sahara steps. The seams are less noticeable with the step installed. A benefit is the steps are wider so it helps shields the side and rear hinges from getting sandblasted.

ChrispyJL

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk"N JLU Sport s
Occupation
Building Mechanic
My Rockhard 4x4 patriot tube sliders went through 1 winter so far and look like the day I put them on, they do sell a flat step version too, very beefy, but they do mount to every bolt including the HUGE body bolts, I didn't have a problem breaking bolts, but I also don't hulk smash shit or use gorilla strength
IMG_20180930_132436.jpg

Also they have saved my door 2 times already, I have found white paint and red paint on them..
Stick out enough for my kids to use as a step, classic look, hides and protects pinch seam, Sturdy, beefy, they were my favorite when I got them, and honestly still are.

BobBarker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB
The Performance Rock Rails are perfect. A thin non obstructive step/rock rail durability.
Sponsored