First Name
BR SSQTCH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSp - Sting Grey
Build Thread
Link
Just checking if anyone has found a solution for this!!!

After being stopped 3 times by nice cops, that did not send me out for a VI onr ticket for no form of debris supression on my JLU, I decided to get some mudflaps. Running a 315/70R17 on a 2.5 lift.

After some research, I thought that the rokblokz XL would be the best solution, front and rear mudflaps where ordered. Especially after I read on their website that they are good for Rubicon, Sahara and Sport models.

Front installed like a charm, very happy.

However the rear ones, they will not fit smoothly and will be bent. See pictures.

Jeep Wrangler JL Rokblokz vs JLU Sport S MF1
Jeep Wrangler JL Rokblokz vs JLU Sport S MF2

It still does the trick, but the way I see, the only way to install on Sport S models would be trimming the rear bumper. Which I am not really inclined to do. The Sport models rear bumper does not have that removable trim that the Sahara's have.

Note on the picture below how close the mudflap is from the rear tire. I flexed on blocks when at the shop, and it doest rub or touch. So for just city driving it will be ok. Would still feel better if it would stay straight and sitting further away from the tire. Worried that with that distance, once snow, salt and road debris start pilling up, that will be a constant of breaking off because of the weight of stuff getting stuck in between.

Jeep Wrangler JL Rokblokz vs JLU Sport S MF3

The rear mudflaps will be mostly used only on city driving to be complient with BC street laws, and pulled out once I hit the trails.

Did anyone with a Sport purchased Rokblokz and found a solution?
Sponsored

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
Um, you have the brackets on the wrong sides. The bolts should be to the rear of the bracket, not in front. Swap the driver & passenger brackets.

Like this (viewed from the rear).

Jeep Wrangler JL Rokblokz vs JLU Sport S 20211207_131407

Last edited:
OP
OP
brsasquatch

brsasquatch

First Name
BR SSQTCH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSp - Sting Grey
Build Thread
Link
Thanks

I will try that!

I was following the instructions, where it looks like its supposed to be flush with the bracket!

hope that inverted, it will clear my tires!

Jeep Wrangler JL Rokblokz vs JLU Sport S 1638911861356

Um, you have the brackets on the wrong sides. The bolts should be to the rear of the bracket, not in front. Swap the driver & passenger brackets.

Like this (viewed from the rear).

Jeep Wrangler JL Rokblokz vs JLU Sport S 1638911861356
Thanks for the reply!

OP
OP
brsasquatch

brsasquatch

First Name
BR SSQTCH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSp - Sting Grey
Build Thread
Link
@Reinen thats for the info! It worked out and cleared almost perfectly.

So for future reference for those Spor S owners that get to buy a Rokblokz Mud Flaps. To get clearence without having to trim the stock rear bumper, you will have to invert the passenger side bracket to the driver side and vice versa.

Install them with the "frown" facing down. In my case with 314/70R17 tires, I had do mend the brakcets towards the back of the vehicle to get more clearance. Just installing the brackets inverted, had it touch the tires, but slightly bending it back, gave the results below.

Jeep Wrangler JL Rokblokz vs JLU Sport S F1
Jeep Wrangler JL Rokblokz vs JLU Sport S F2
Jeep Wrangler JL Rokblokz vs JLU Sport S F3

Used shop blocks to back up and check clearence when one wheel goes up the wheel well. It did not rub the mudflap, but also, it did not articulate in full. For more technical trails, i believe they will rub once the it flexes all the way up. So glad to have the as removable flaps.

If I remember, next time I am out on the trail, Ill snap a picture of tire flexing up in the wheel well to check clearance or proximity.

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
Yup, that's why it has "frowny" slots instead of bolt holes. So you can angle the mud flap as appropriate for your tires.

Best way to do it is to start the bolts and leave them loose, put the mud flap on the bracket, hold the mud flap where you want it and tighten the bolts.

Be sure to remove the mud flaps when off-roading. They're very durable but if you reverse and get the mud flap caught between the ground and the tire they'll get ripped right off. Ain't no amount of durability gonna survive that.
Sponsored