Redrock or awe cat back exaust

Rharv

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dakota
Need little help deciding between a cat back system the redrock is nice because it’s not to loud and a good look. However the awe system sounds great. But I really can’t tell how loud it is. I don’t want to piss off the neighborhood. And this thing is my daily I don’t want to get to crazy with it.
Sponsored

dgardne5

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU
I just put the redrock high clearance on my 2020. Just returned from a 2k mile drive as well. The redrock is quiet other than when running at high speed in the 2.5k to 3k rpm range (or when you stomp on it). Basically some slightly annoying drone uphill in 6th gear. Personally any more noise and I wouldn't like it. Ultimately, decided that I like the clearance and good sound enough to ignore the few drone times.

Thx1158

First Name
RWW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon 2020 Land Rover Discovery
Occupation
Retired USMC
Need little help deciding between a cat back system the redrock is nice because it’s not to loud and a good look. However the awe system sounds great. But I really can’t tell how loud it is. I don’t want to piss off the neighborhood. And this thing is my daily I don’t want to get to crazy with it.
if you go AWE....you will wait and wait and wait for them to build then ship it. Be prepared for that....I hope it’s worth the wait. Ordered 2/25/21.

Last edited:

AMKRubicon610

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLUR 6 SPD
Occupation
CPA
I have the awe trail catback, I love it. Had it for about 800 miles now and it’s starting to break in really nicely. sounds like my neighbors gtr! (I wish)

ChromeToaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JL Rubicon, 03 Honda XR650L
For what its worth take a look at the Pypes Performance cat backs they have several versions on their website. I have the touring one which is not as loud and really love the sound, little bit of drone (every exhaust that's louder/less restrictive is gonna have some amount of drone) but not enough to make anyone upset and it sounds really nice when you step on it.

They have several options and are very well priced based off other options I was checking out before I went with them.

On a side note my average fuel economy went up about a gallon overall with a decently heavy foot, If I'm easy on it I can see about 19mpg city where before I was about 15.8 with stock exhaust

Shop by Vehicle - Exhaust Systems (pypesexhaust.com)

Sponsored

Willing&Able

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Clubs

I went with AWE. Mine was ordered and received within a week. Note they sell two versions: a tread edition and a trail edition. The trail edition is high clearance with only a resonator - so it is louder than the tread. The tread edition has dual pipes in black or chrome and is quieter, but the tips are below the rear bumper so you sacrifice clearance. The trail is noticeable, but i love the sound. I'll post a quick sound clip.

Willing&Able

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Clubs

I went with AWE. Mine was ordered and received within a week. Note they sell two versions: a tread edition and a trail edition. The trail edition is high clearance with only a resonator - so it is louder than the tread. The tread edition has dual pipes in black or chrome and is quieter, but the tips are below the rear bumper so you sacrifice clearance. The trail is noticeable, but i love the sound. I'll post a quick sound clip.

Crawldad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr wrangler rubicon, '18 Ram3500
the stock exhaust works great. you can throw money at gaining 5hp or something but at the end of the day it won't make much of a difference. you would be better spending your money on functional or lifestyle upgrades :)

Tread4Lo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 w/ 3.0
@Crawldad - Wouldn't exhaust fall under your "lifestyle" upgrade? I would consider it lifestyle anyways. I hate the boat anchor look on the rear of the Jeep. Lifting and hiding, sounds like Botox for the Jeep.

I would definitely say Botox is lifestyle. :CWL:
Sponsored