Recommended Dealers List

attworth

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Golf
So I've been trying to find a dealer that'll work with me while I'm stationed overseas, to order a JLU for my return to the states next summer. So far none of the dealers in my home town or surrounding area (DFW, TX - a large metro area,) have responded to me.

I thought maybe a thread with dealer recommendations could be useful for those folks who aren't afraid to travel to pick up their new Jeep.

With that, can anybody recommend a stellar Jeep dealer?
Sponsored

JCC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Good idea. I bought my JKU from AutoNation Chrysler Jeep Arapahoe in Centennial, CO and have no complaints. The sales guy knew his stuff (at least more than most sales people) and showed me his slightly modified JK while we were talking. I also often saw mild to heavily modified JKs in the parking lot whenever I drove by (I worked in the area then). They'll be the first ones I talk to when JT order banks are close to opening.

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
I bought my JKU from the internet manager at Orange Coast Jeep in Coast Mesa, CA. They took the FCA Affiliate program and I got my JKU for $1,500 under Invoice. It was the easiest car purchase ever. Called them up, told them what I wanted. He asked if I was willing to do the deal right then, I said yes and gave him a $500 deposit, they ordered my JKU to my specs and had it in 6 weeks.

Bearded_Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! Rubicon
It would be a long drive, but I've heard really good things about Koon's in VA. Many people on other Wrangler forums order, fly in, and pickup their Wrangler from there. Maybe give them a try?

https://www.koonsjeep.com/

Sponsored

OP
OP

attworth

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Golf
If you are overseas military, check out the AAFES car sales, I think it's Military Autosource. Prices when I was oconus were hard to beat and delivery at the dealer of your choice.
They're not much under MSRP, and above Invoice for sure. Convenience is a factor, but I'd rather travel and save some money, personally.

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
Second nod for Koon's, they have a rather standard invoice - X % that most other forum members like to take advantage of, it's very close to 'fleet pricing' due to the volume they get because of all the attention.

It's definitely more than just other deals like the 'Tread Softly' membership discount, which IIRC is invoice - 1.5%. I'm not sure but I think if you join Tread Lightly and go to Koon's there is a tiny bump to the discount, but they don't double up, just with the dealer there first.

I don't think they can double-up on sevicemen's discounts though, but again ask first.

I wouldn't be surprised if Costco has essenially extended their fleet pricing deal to their customers which would be good for Costco and good for FCA.
From experience, the fleet price is about as low as it goes (you can essentially onl negotiate for add-ons & service etc).

Regional FCA promotional discounts still apply on most of these deals as they are usual FCA pumping money into moving units, not coming from the dealer's cut.

If you check a few forums you might find a Koon's invoice, they are very interesting because they show MSRP for the trim level (like Willys) and then the discount price, even on options, which helps unbundle your deal+discount and the value of adding options like side-rails, NAV, LED headlihts, etc. showing what the LEDs would cost to add and what they are discounted without having to jump to a Sahara, etc.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler TJ
So I've been trying to find a dealer that'll work with me while I'm stationed overseas, to order a JLU for my return to the states next summer. So far none of the dealers in my home town or surrounding area (DFW, TX - a large metro area,) have responded to me.

I thought maybe a thread with dealer recommendations could be useful for those folks who aren't afraid to travel to pick up their new Jeep.

With that, can anybody recommend a stellar Jeep dealer?
I recommend Mullen Motors in Southold NY. They might be far away but they are hands down the best.

BillyHW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Supposedly Costco makes car buying super easy. They send u to a dealer and u get best price right away, no haggling. Also u get a giant Costco gift card.
Second nod for Koon's, they have a rather standard invoice - X % that most other forum members like to take advantage of, it's very close to 'fleet pricing' due to the volume they get because of all the attention.

It's definitely more than just other deals like the 'Tread Softly' membership discount, which IIRC is invoice - 1.5%. I'm not sure but I think if you join Tread Lightly and go to Koon's there is a tiny bump to the discount, but they don't double up, just with the dealer there first.

I don't think they can double-up on sevicemen's discounts though, but again ask first.

I wouldn't be surprised if Costco has essenially extended their fleet pricing deal to their customers which would be good for Costco and good for FCA.
From experience, the fleet price is about as low as it goes (you can essentially onl negotiate for add-ons & service etc).

Regional FCA promotional discounts still apply on most of these deals as they are usual FCA pumping money into moving units, not coming from the dealer's cut.

If you check a few forums you might find a Koon's invoice, they are very interesting because they show MSRP for the trim level (like Willys) and then the discount price, even on options, which helps unbundle your deal+discount and the value of adding options like side-rails, NAV, LED headlihts, etc. showing what the LEDs would cost to add and what they are discounted without having to jump to a Sahara, etc.
Does Costco do anything with Chrysler in Canada?

Sponsored

STL J-Hawk

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver 2018 JLUS!, 2016 Tahoe
Does anyone have a suggestion for a good dealer in the St. Louis area? Thanks!

Bradley

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Explorer

I checked out Koon's website and saw they had their "wow" pricing listed under each vehicle. It's essentially 4K cheaper on each Jeep which is fantastic. I reached out and tried to have an online rep explain how the pricing works... did I need to do anything or meet any requirements? They wouldn't specify and only tried to get my cell out of me. I was wondering if anyone here could explain this. Thanks in advance!

DravenGSX

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR, '16 Ram 1500 Longhorn
I checked out Koon's website and saw they had their "wow" pricing listed under each vehicle. It's essentially 4K cheaper on each Jeep which is fantastic. I reached out and tried to have an online rep explain how the pricing works... did I need to do anything or meet any requirements? They wouldn't specify and only tried to get my cell out of me. I was wondering if anyone here could explain this. Thanks in advance!
Koons will sell their dealer stock for the Wow price plus destination charge ($1,095) and dealer fee. They also offer 5% below invoice (unknown about JLs) to a couple of different forums if you order through them. Search through the forums and find the right contact. There are only two people who facilitate these deals.
Sponsored