Sponsored

Rear (side?) window screen?

TrailJoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS, HellaYella
Does such thing as a screen window exist for the rear window on a soft top? Or side windows...
Sponsored

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Not that I know of, but that's a great idea ! If I came across a damaged window, the plastic could be cut out, and the screen material sewn in....

OP
OP
TrailJoy

TrailJoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS, HellaYella
Not that I know of, but that's a great idea ! If I came across a damaged window, the plastic could be cut out, and the screen material sewn in....
OOH!! An idea!! I haven’t installed my soft top yet (it’s -1 here right now), but I’ll have to take a closer look at it when I do. Maybe I can rig something that would fit. Even the two sides would be good... maybe not for road use, but I was thinking for camping (I have a tent, but my husband got this thing today, and I have to say it’s pretty darn awesome).

7499C6FC-EC31-4354-B23B-AADCA7CA0F09.jpeg

AZ Hella

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
There’s options for the rear passenger doors. Universal screens that fit over the door frame or I have seen ones that fit in the window channel somewhere.

OP
OP
TrailJoy

TrailJoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS, HellaYella
There’s options for the rear passenger doors. Universal screens that fit over the door frame or I have seen ones that fit in the window channel somewhere.
Thanks! We've already started thinking about a DIY for the passenger windows, but I was hoping to find something that slides in and out of the channels on the rear like the soft top. I'm actually really surprised that this doesn't already exist. Maybe because they wouldn't be suitable for driving? But for a camp situation, they'd be perfect.

Sponsored

AZ Hella

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks! We've already started thinking about a DIY for the passenger windows, but I was hoping to find something that slides in and out of the channels on the rear like the soft top. I'm actually really surprised that this doesn't already exist. Maybe because they wouldn't be suitable for driving? But for a camp situation, they'd be perfect.
I have been waiting for the aftermarket to jump on this too. Also surprised no one has.
I would like replacements that have a roll up window and a screen.

KrzybonesJLU

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU SPORT S, 2024 WILLY's
Going to bump this thread! found some stuff for the rear windows that fit for the jl. Wondering if anyone has come across anything for the tailgate window. There are a few diy stuff but looking for something more official.

iago_ch

First Name
Philippe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Unlimited 2018
Going to bump this thread! found some stuff for the rear windows that fit for the jl. Wondering if anyone has come across anything for the tailgate window. There are a few diy stuff but looking for something more official.
This is also something I need absolutely before embarking in an overlanding trip next year.

The only solution I found till now is made by an Australian company, TopGear2Go. Actually, they do not have a model for the Jeep Wrangler. But when I contacted them a few months ago, they replied that if I sent them some measurements, they would be able to customize their product to my vehicle. We have not spoken about price yet, so…

Here is how it looks for a Toyota.

It just sucks to order something that "simple" from Australia when I am based in Europe. So I am still searching for alternatives…

Philippe

product_extra_246.jpg

product_extra_101.jpg
Sponsored