Sponsored

Rear seat sub

Cutterone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara Sarge 6sp
Anyone place a small shallow 8" or 10" powered sub under the REAR seats? Is there room? Good idea/bad idea? I don't like the sub under the front seats and would like to keep my rear storage uncluttered...
Sponsored

hschro47

First Name
Hayden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Not sure about the room under the rear seats but I've never been a fan of putting subs there. You could always go with a jl stealthbox. Youd lose a little trunk space but they look good and usually sound better than anything you could get under a seat.

OP
OP

Cutterone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not sure about the room under the rear seats but I've never been a fan of putting subs there. You could always go with a jl stealthbox. Youd lose a little trunk space but they look good and usually sound better than anything you could get under a seat.
ok thanks for the info, Ill probably just install a 19' in the rear, then upgrade the rest with a small 4 ch amp and the new Metra and ssh works pods with 6.5"

OP
OP

Cutterone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10" sub I mean

Sting_NC_USA

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
The rear seats, when folded down, leave zero room for anything to be stored. You really need to move your gear to the back of the Jeep as you've highlighted. Good luck with your install!

Sponsored

OP
OP

Cutterone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The rear seats, when folded down, leave zero room for anything to be stored. You really need to move your gear to the back of the Jeep as you've highlighted. Good luck with your install!
Thanks, didn't know that, with 2 car seats I've never had them folded flat!

OP
OP

Cutterone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've got a 12" in a custom downported enclosure. It takes up about half of my trunk but it provides amazing sound.

Screenshot_20191008-085652_Photos.jpg
that’s kick ass! I’m probably going with the RF 10” 300W powered sub, find a way to secure it. How does it sound with the base sound system and added sub? Do you feel need to upgrade rest of speakers and amp?

hschro47

First Name
Hayden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
that’s kick ass! I’m probably going with the RF 10” 300W powered sub, find a way to secure it. How does it sound with the base sound system and added sub? Do you feel need to upgrade rest of speakers and amp?
It sounds amazing granted I upgraded the speakers and amp too. These are old pictures from my sport I recently upgraded to a rubicon but moved everything over. The only difference is that instead of the fix theres an AmpPro.

20180914_195935.jpg

OP
OP

Cutterone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It sounds amazing granted I upgraded the speakers and amp too. These are old pictures from my sport I recently upgraded to a rubicon but moved everything over. The only difference is that instead of the fix theres an AmpPro.

20180914_195935.jpg
ok, I’ll probably go with something like the kicker key for the main speakers and use those new pods to upgrade to the 6.5” JL C1, components up front, coax in sound bar...

hschro47

First Name
Hayden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
ok, I’ll probably go with something like the kicker key for the main speakers and use those new pods to upgrade to the 6.5” JL C1, components up front, coax in sound bar...
I dont remember exactly what I had put in. It's been a little while but I do know I've got jl speakers that they made mounts for. Standard size throughout I believe. Its almost deafing to sit in it at full volume but it's great for bonfires or tailgating or driving down the highway with the top off. The 12" provides enough bass to shake the jeep if I turn it all the way up.
Sponsored