Rear seat belt

Nicholas6

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
My Bartact rear seat covers just arrived and I need to unbolt the seat belts to get the covers installed. Anyone know what size bolts these are, and is there a torque spec when reinstalling them?
Sponsored

JlEngineline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I Just build them
I will try to find out where their installed at and ask.

OP
OP

Nicholas6

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
I don't Nick but thought it worthwhile to raise a point you might already know. If those bolts were "Loctite[d]" on (its often a red color on the bolts), not only will it require more torque to get them off, but I would ask that if FCA thought it indicated to Loctite them, that once you do your install and retorque the bolts that you too Loctite them back on in the interest of your passenger's safety.

Peace.
Thanks for the replies. I actually got it worked out this morning. 19mm socket and breaker bar got it loose. There was no Loctite, so I just tightened everything back as it was after I got the seat covers on.

blink9cd

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLU Willys
Old thread, but I just did this for my Bartact rear seta covers. For anybody that runs across it, for my '21 I used a 18mm socket and breaker bar to get the seat belt bar loose. It was pretty tight in there, had a retaining washer, and what looks like could be dried up loctite.

Jeep Wrangler JL Rear seat belt IMG_4902

Unfortunately it wouldn't come loose with the washer on there, and I tried for quite a while but ultimately failed to non-destructively get the retaining washer off:

Jeep Wrangler JL Rear seat belt IMG_4901

Jeep Wrangler JL Rear seat belt IMG_4905

C'est la vie. I cleaned up the bolt, fixed up the seat belt, and then reinstalled with some blue loctite and torqued it to 52ft lbs.
Sponsored