Sponsored

Rear Corner Protection

sundevil827

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
ngHBZqCpaVZnhJX6qripV1tcmr4iFnlhK_0i-3rlCgXWoU7qew7A9-a40UbmdXg0KyL9hvlntIZyXdErBM4SIg2qiA=w2400.jpg

Just got the Hammerhead Rear Facia from Ace and installed it with the Ace rear slant back tire carrier, which I absolutely love. However, that's more of the tub corner than I really want exposed. I'd love something like the Metalcloak Exoskin/Corner kit, but unfortunately nothing for the JL at this time. Kind of struggling to find a whole lot, anyone have anything that they like or recommend?

Only thing I've found so far is: https://www.rustysoffroad.com/jeep-...usty-s-rear-fascia-cover-kit-jl-wrangler.html

Another JL in the shop where mine is had those, and I look at like it's better than nothing, but not exactly what I was looking for. Suggestions? Or anyone know that some manufacturer is about to do something?
Sponsored

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
Thats your rear bumper? That looks to offer no protection whatsoever? Did you check out the MOTOBILT rear bumper? Looks very nice and narrow.

Not my jeep. its off their site.

IMG_1278.JPG

OP
OP
sundevil827

sundevil827

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Yeah...it protects exactly what I wanted it to protect...it wraps the crossmember, and I lose zero clearance. (Receiver and electrical plug are still coming out.) It's not a daily driver, I spend most of my time with it at Hidden Falls, K2, and will be taking it on some trips just go crawling.

That's why I'm trying to find some corner protection for the tub.

Andrew05LJR

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Yeah...it protects exactly what I wanted it to protect...it wraps the crossmember, and I lose zero clearance. (Receiver and electrical plug are still coming out.) It's not a daily driver, I spend most of my time with it at Hidden Falls, K2, and will be taking it on some trips just go crawling.

That's why I'm trying to find some corner protection for the tub.
Looks like you can make something like the AEV JK bumper. Round tubing coming off the bumper, wrapping each side with tie ins to the frame?
Sponsored