RCV axle question

Yondu_JLU

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
I'm with you on that one. Someone down the road will eventually get a great deal on my upgraded 44's. RCV shafts, Reid knuckles, Dynatrac ball joints, Rock Jock axle housing bushings, and PowerStop Z36 disc's and pads. All installed, maintained, and driven by a lifelong mechanic that doesn't beat on anything mechanical.
tenor (23).gif
:CWL: I'll gladly take them off your hands!
Sponsored

Redbaron73

First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 sport s unlimited;2020 Rubicon Unlimited
Doing the RCV at the same time as a regear would save labor. I have been eyeing this as well. I am leaning towards getting the 2 pc /c FAD. RCV says they have a 1 pc FAD eliminator, that keeps the FAD module. My guess is this would just render the module "useless", but the jeep computer thinks its working.

Is the 1 piece stronger ? I cannot imagine that I would ever need that much more strength, especially with my *powerful* 3.6L petrol

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Doing the RCV at the same time as a regear would save labor. I have been eyeing this as well. I am leaning towards getting the 2 pc /c FAD. RCV says they have a 1 pc FAD eliminator, that keeps the FAD module. My guess is this would just render the module "useless", but the jeep computer thinks its working.

Is the 1 piece stronger ? I cannot imagine that I would ever need that much more strength, especially with my *powerful* 3.6L petrol
Get the 2 piece so your driveshaft doesnt spin in 2wd, gas mileage saver for no strength difference. The collar they use is very beefy. Only problem is if the fad goes awry it wont lock the front
Sponsored