RC Speedometer Reprogramming on 2021 JL

cchopewell

First Name
Conor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
Sorry if this is posted elsewhere, I tried searching but with no luck.
I am new to this forum and I’m now the proud owner of my 3rd Wrangler, a 2021 JLU 2.0! My 315/70/17 tires arrive tomorrow and I’ve been frantically calling around the Virginia Beach area to locate a shop willing to recalibrate my Speedo, with no luck. After speaking with 4 Wheel Parts and Rough Country (which 4WP evidently never stocks), I’ve gathered that people are having mixed luck with the Rough Country tool. Can anyone with a 2021 confirm or deny this?
Sponsored

MARSHMELLA

First Name
Kirt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Occupation
Military
Congratulations!!! I just ordered a JLUR with the 2.0T myself and it should be here next month.
Your dealership is able to do this. I think the fee is around $150 but since you just got it from them maybe they will do you a solid and do it for free? There’s no harm in asking.........

Jeep Wrangler JL RC Speedometer Reprogramming on 2021 JL 8EA2E3EB-F38A-4411-A947-1FD6889F32CE

OP
OP
cchopewell

cchopewell

First Name
Conor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
Your dealership is able to do this. I think the fee is around $150 but since you just got it from them maybe they will do you a solid and do it for free? There’s no harm in asking.........

Jeep Wrangler JL RC Speedometer Reprogramming on 2021 JL 8EA2E3EB-F38A-4411-A947-1FD6889F32CE
I’m totally not above paying them to have it done, after speaking with the service department at my dealership on the phone he told me that I would have to pay to order a tool(?)in order for the work to be done. No clue what he meant, I guess I can try some other dealerships in the area.

MARSHMELLA

First Name
Kirt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Occupation
Military
I’m totally not above paying them to have it done, after speaking with the service department at my dealership on the phone he told me that I would have to pay to order a tool(?)in order for the work to be done. No clue what he meant, I guess I can try some other dealerships in the area.
Sounds like whoever you spoke to isn’t aware of the Mopar Custom Calibration procedure. What I posted is the actual instructions from Mopar to service departments. Maybe mention this or show one of them at the service desk. I’m sure an actual technician will know what this is.
Sponsored