rate this deal

ktuluorion

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
shopping for jl
Hi folks.. just left my local dealer with no deal.

2019 Sahara
msrp ~49500
OTD price 46.6k

The sales price was around 43.5k

Seems like a bad deal given the 2k jeep incentive, right? please tell me i walked away correctly as i loved this jeep, i was just hoping to get it to closer to 41k before tax tags and doc.

Essentially 15% off of MSRP.

I will say, this is a Mojito, and there aren't many of these left. This is my preferred color. Am I getting too crazy worrying about getting 20% off? Am I at the juncture where I can just special order what I want? (isn't 8% off invoice from Criswell roughly 15% off?)
Sponsored

Last edited:

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Consider what you can live with pricing wise if you have to have Mojito. I don't know if you can still order Mojito. Herd it was discontinued.

OP
OP
ktuluorion

ktuluorion

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
shopping for jl
Yup, and it's getting harder to find. I just feel like another 1-2k would make it really the deal I really want. I can't believe they wouldn't budge. Do they usually call you back after you walk away? I'd imagine that they would want to move this 2019 inventory while the incentive is there.

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
There are deals for over 20% off on the 2019s out there.

OP
OP
ktuluorion

ktuluorion

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
shopping for jl
Any recommended dealerships? I'm having trouble locating what I want, but have no issue traveling if need be.

Sponsored

Wapiti

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
To a certain extent, it depends on where you are. I too was set on Mojito and in my area it was tough to find one outfitted the way I wanted. My buying practice is this: I identify all the units optioned out the way I wanted within a couple of thousand miles while I have my previous Jeep advertised for sale locally. As the acceptable inventory dwindles, I lower the price on my current ride. In 2015, that worked great and I ended up with a spectacular deal on a 2014 JKU in my color (Amp'd, which had been discontinued). I was doing the same thing up until a week ago when the 2-3k incentives showed up on the 2019s and forced my hand- Mojito was all I wanted, and would be until I knew what was on the palette for 2021. I know how the game is played- I worked at a dealership in a non-sales capacity for close to 20 years- and I still couldn't get the 15-20% discounts from MSRP that others on here get. I ended up with 13% off from my local dealer on a Mojito Rubicon I found 500 miles away. Granted, some of my potential savings were eaten up by the transport costs, but they ended up beating one of the big Idaho dealers when it was all said and done. Am I happy? Yes- I don't believe I could have done better. They also beat the financing rate at my credit union by about 1.2% and were pretty easy to deal with.

I tell you all that to tell you this- you only live once. The first night I had it home, I made dinner with the door to the garage open so I could see that Mojito goodliness out of the corner of my eye while I made pizza.

Hyper

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 hypergreen wrangler
Hi folks.. just left my local dealer with no deal.

2019 Sahara
msrp ~49500
OTD price 46.6k

The sales price was around 43.5k

Seems like a bad deal given the 2k jeep incentive, right? please tell me i walked away correctly as i loved this jeep, i was just hoping to get it to closer to 41k before tax tags and doc.

Essentially 15% off of MSRP.

I will say, this is a Mojito, and there aren't many of these left. This is my preferred color. Am I getting too crazy worrying about getting 20% off? Am I at the juncture where I can just special order what I want? (isn't 8% off invoice from Criswell roughly 15% off?)
I think you can do better. But if you want green you have to decide how much its worth to you. I would pay more for a color I like thats no longer being made.
Being the last day of the month I would call or stop by if you can. Tell them "I want the jeep I will pay $45 OTD, I can get a better deal somewhere else but I rather just buy this one now."
Hopefully they will take offer or negotiate.
FYI CT jeep dealer is selling 2019s at 20% off MSRP. Good luck

OP
OP
ktuluorion

ktuluorion

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
shopping for jl
I think you can do better. But if you want green you have to decide how much its worth to you. I would pay more for a color I like thats no longer being made.
Being the last day of the month I would call or stop by if you can. Tell them "I want the jeep I will pay $45 OTD, I can get a better deal somewhere else but I rather just buy this one now."
Hopefully they will take offer or negotiate.
FYI CT jeep dealer is selling 2019s at 20% off MSRP. Good luck
Which CT dealer?

OP
OP
ktuluorion

ktuluorion

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
shopping for jl
Thank you! I actually checked Fitzpatricks and they didn't have what i wanted unfortunately.

Sponsored

bravelion

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Real Estate Investor
You should start with % below invoice as a base amount you're willing to pay. At least 7% below.
Then subtract from that number the $2,000 and other incentives such as USAA, affiliate (employer), Treadlightly (another 1% off invoice automatically). That's how you self-rate your deal.

Ignore MSRP, which is a useless number that means nothing.

You also have to compute what the actual resale value will be the day after you purchase. Plug the 2019 into a used value calculator with 100 miles to see what it's worth immediately after purchase. It has an automatic year of depreciation for starters. Maybe the $2,000 washes that out, maybe not.

There are quite a few used 2019 Wranglers for sale with under $10K miles as well. Some already have mods. If I was going to buy a 2019 I would at least browse those and decide against it before buying last years model new and absorbing the depreciation myself.

ODDs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hella Yella Sahara
While money is nice, it doesn't replace the happiness you get when you have what you really wanted. That green jeep will bring you much more of a smile than the memory of the green you saved your wallet.

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2Door JL Rubicon in Mojito, 2022 Rivian R1T

richardya

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge 2011
Vehicle Showcase
Any recommended dealerships? I'm having trouble locating what I want, but have no issue traveling if need be.
Mike I am looking in NY now. The deals are great but 2019s are starting to go. I would hold out for 20% if it has extras you don’t want but if it’s perfect color and configuration make them give you 17% off and take it. In NJ there was a Freehold Jeep I almost got from but they needed me to pick up, I thought I could do it remotely.

I highly recommend searching Jeep.com inventory and then making calls and checking the dealer website. Most of the websites are middlemen so may be better to go to dealer. Even the phone number listed on website is the middleman saying it’s the dealer’s internet sales team.

OP
OP
ktuluorion

ktuluorion

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
shopping for jl
thank you all. update- they called today and dropped the price by almost 3k. im in the finance office now finalizing my 2019 mojito sahara.

im part of the club!!!! thanks guys!
Sponsored