Sponsored

Quick question about the DRL's (NON-LED)

Gibbage

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue Sport S
Occupation
3D Artist
I just took delivery of a 18 JLU (was sitting on a car lot on an island for 300 days and got a great deal), but I noticed the DRL's are not on. I was at a stop light and have saw the reflection of my hood in the car in front of me (daylight) and nothing was on but the amber marker lights. The light selector is set to "auto" and the manual says the DRL should be on, but nothing. Turning it to manual turned all the lights on, but having it in auto=no DRL's. Is this normal? Wanted to ask before I took it into my local dealer.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Gibbage

Gibbage

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue Sport S
Occupation
3D Artist
Just spoke to a friend who has a JL with the LED upgrade. He only gets the halo's when in auto in the day. Since the normal headlights dont have the halo's, does that really mean the Halogen JL's DONT have DRL's in auto? Seems like a bit of an oversight considering DRL's are a federal mandate in the US?

AlamedaJeep

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
You didn't mention the trim, but are you asking about a Sahara or Rubicon? Sports do not have DRLs.

Ma$$iveDebtAche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Just spoke to a friend who has a JL with the LED upgrade. He only gets the halo's when in auto in the day. Since the normal headlights dont have the halo's, does that really mean the Halogen JL's DONT have DRL's in auto? Seems like a bit of an oversight considering DRL's are a federal mandate in the US?
DRL are NOT mandated in the USA. JL Sports do not have DRL (maybe all JLs with halogen, don't have DRL?).
There is a DRL setting in Uconnect.

OP
OP
Gibbage

Gibbage

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue Sport S
Occupation
3D Artist
I have a Sport S. I spoke with the dealer and he spoke about the DRL under the lighting settings. I dont see it in my Uconnect, but maybe I have an old falsh. I need to find a USB stick and flash it.

*edit* Nope. My Uconnect is fully updated according to my VIN...
Sponsored