First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ocean Blue JLUR
Occupation
Retired Navy
I have a 2020 JLUR. I'm trying to have my speed displayed on the big center portion of the display. All it says is "can't enter setup mode when vehicle is in motion." I stop and go through the setup menu but can't find a way to setup that center section. Owner's manual was no help.
Sponsored

Rubi-Zero

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon , Audi S5
Vehicle Showcase
you should be able to just toggle up even while you are moving, I do it multiple times during my drives. The controls are on the left side of the steering wheel

you don’t have to go to setup menu that is to configure your screen. There are several different screens in your display. Once you toggle up then you can go side ways for more info depending on what screen display you are in

OP
OP
JeepNomad

JeepNomad

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ocean Blue JLUR
Occupation
Retired Navy
you should be able to just toggle up even while you are moving, I do it multiple times during my drives. The controls are on the left side of the steering wheel

you don’t have to go to setup menu that is to configure your screen. There are several different screens in your display. Once you toggle up then you can go side ways for more info depending on what screen display you are in
Yeah, I understand that. But I can't find the menu item to select what I want displayed in the big center section. I can only find the top left, center, and right sections.

Rubi-Zero

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon , Audi S5
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe I’m not understanding what you want.... do you want it like this?
DCAF27AA-47FD-483F-9571-C3EF806BF40D.jpeg

OP
OP
JeepNomad

JeepNomad

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ocean Blue JLUR
Occupation
Retired Navy
Maybe I’m not understanding what you want.... do you want it like this?
That's exactly what i'm looking for. I can get my speed to display in the small center spot (where yours says "speedometer") but can't get anything in the large center section except that in motion saying.

Sponsored

Rubi-Zero

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon , Audi S5
Vehicle Showcase
That's exactly what i'm looking for. I can get my speed to display in the small center spot (where yours says "speedometer") but can't get anything in the large center section except that in motion saying.
ok if you exit out of configure whatever your display is at, your telling me you can’t toggle up or down to scroll through different screen displays where the speed comes up, like I posted?
I have had 2 JLURs now and I have been able to do this on both of them. It should be already there in one of the displays available

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
That’s screen 1

OP
OP
JeepNomad

JeepNomad

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ocean Blue JLUR
Occupation
Retired Navy
ok if you exit out of configure whatever your display is at, your telling me you can’t toggle up or down to scroll through different screen displays where the speed comes up, like I posted?
I have had 2 JLURs now and I have been able to do this on both of them. It should be already there in one of the displays available
So in the 11 days I have had my Jeep I couldn't get it out of that "Motion" message display. But I just read your reply and went and tried it again and now it's cycling through for me. Hopefully it was operator error (me being a noob) and not a computer glitch. Thanks for the speedy replies and help!

Rubi-Zero

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon , Audi S5
Vehicle Showcase
So in the 11 days I have had my Jeep I couldn't get it out of that "Motion" message display. But I just read your reply and went and tried it again and now it's cycling through for me. Hopefully it was operator error (me being a noob) and not a computer glitch. Thanks for the speedy replies and help!
No problem, glad we can help. That is what this forum is for, well for the most part.

Last edited:

Dave928

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon, 03 Silverado, 88 Porsche 928 S4
Occupation
Aircraft Tech

Sponsored

TimmH

First Name
Timm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sahara 3.6 Auto
Vehicle Showcase
you can cycle through the 9 screens using the up and down arrows, but if you press the center OK button it takes you to sub menus which are not allowed while in motion.

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Some of the screens have a left/right toggle option also. There will be little dots that appear at the bottom of the display that indicate the current screen and the others that are available by toggling left or right.

emgeesea

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone know whether it is possible to change the assignment of the default screen sequence 1-9? E.g., to move the trip odometer screen to screen position #2, following the MPH screen, instead of the default position of #5. It seems like this should be user programmable, but I can't find how to do it. Thanks,

WagzDad

First Name
Carroll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
You can turn off a couple. One is the media screen...can’t remember what else. I only have 7 screens now because I turned a couple off

edit..off road was the other one I removed. It’s still available on the connect app

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
...Hopefully it was operator error (me being a noob)...
It definitely was :giggle: And instructions were in the owner’s manual. :giggle:
.... do you want it like this?
Going 70mph and can use his phone to take a picture of the speedometer? :giggle: That's naughty.

Steering problems....?... WHAT steering problems? :CWL:
Sponsored