Sponsored

Question about Bestop Sunrider install

richardya

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge 2011
Vehicle Showcase
if You use that top, can you still take the main hard top off and leave that bestop on and open? I’ve never seen a picture in that mode.
Sponsored

sost1sg

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR; 2015 SRT Grand Cherokee
Excellent. Glad you got this sorted and are enjoying it.

I'll add that between your installation and that of several others, I brought this to the attention of our customer service and engineering teams and, after some testing, they found the source of the most common installation issue and are revamping the installation instructions. I don't have updated instructions yet, but I wanted to say thank you (and all the others) for sharing your install experiences so we could track down what was going on.

Thanks again!

- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com
Awesome! Would you please post the updated instructions here when ready? Waiting for spring to install a new unit I received over the winter. Be great to do it right the first time! Thanks for a great product.

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Awesome! Would you please post the updated instructions here when ready? Waiting for spring to install a new unit I received over the winter. Be great to do it right the first time! Thanks for a great product.
I will. I checked in with the engineering team that develops the instruction sheets, and given the findings, it's a pretty extensive documentation overhaul. Given this, it might be two weeks before the new instruction update is completed. I'll post them up as soon as I can get the updated version. :like:

- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Click here for the updated Sunrider for Hardtop installation instructions

A caveat on the above updated instructions...

- The instructions that come in the box right now don't reflect these changes. Customer service is working with the warehouse team to come up with a plan for how best to insert these into all the existing sealed boxes in inventory. ;)

Thanks for your patience while we've worked through these updates. With the installation fitment issues members shared here on the forum, we put together two groups of installers (experienced and non-experienced) and found some details that were missing and was leading to the fitment issues. Thanks again for your patience while we investigated and worked on updating the instruction set.

- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jeffrey67

Jeffrey67

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon, 2017 GMC Yukon Denali XL, 1968 Corvette 427, 1967 Corvette 327, 2 Harleys.
Occupation
Dentist
Bestop: Here's something for the suggestion box. I was driving around, wondering if after a few seasons if the material starts to wear, can a customer return the frame to be re-fitted with new cloth...then it occurred to me, Why not offer cloth in matching paint colors? That would be very cool. Something to think about during the time off from work during this National Emergency. Be safe, guys.

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Bestop: Here's something for the suggestion box. I was driving around, wondering if after a few seasons if the material starts to wear, can a customer return the frame to be re-fitted with new cloth...then it occurred to me, Why not offer cloth in matching paint colors? That would be very cool. Something to think about during the time off from work during this National Emergency. Be safe, guys.
For the JK versions of Trektop, Trektop Pro, and Glide, we already offer colored fabrics. Unfortunately, there aren't enough colored twill options produced to match every color out there, but you can usually find options that compliment your vehicle color. We don't have plans to bring these to JL production for a while but I suspect they will eventually be made available.

- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com
Sponsored