Sponsored

Purchasing out of state?

Jeepsmashin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I'm about to order a JL from Las Vegas Nevada and I'm from California, how does buying a car out of state go? I'm assuming I'll pay taxes and registration separate? And would I pay taxes for what I actually paid OTD? And not for the MSRP of the car correct? Anything else I should know or do? Thanks
Sponsored

Kajmcbride

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep TJ, 2005 Dodge Ram, 2018 JLU Rubicon
The dealer should be knowledgeable on selling to California. I believe you pay the taxes to the dealer and they transfer them to California. You may need to go by the Ca DMV or Auto Club for a VIN verification if I am not mistaken. Best bet is to chat with the dealer.

andeee

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I ordered out of state and bringing it to CA as well. The dealership told me the same thing.

Sierra Nevada

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red Rubi JL Unlimited
I'm about to order a JL from Las Vegas Nevada and I'm from California, how does buying a car out of state go? I'm assuming I'll pay taxes and registration separate? And would I pay taxes for what I actually paid OTD? And not for the MSRP of the car correct? Anything else I should know or do? Thanks
Go to your dmv and ask them about paying sales taxes, registration and tags for an out of state new car purchase. In FL, I needed a hard copy of the title, pay 7% sales tax, transfer plates from a previous car, bring the jeep so they can verify the vin and lastly, all owners need to be present. None of this info was on the myflorida web site. Seems simple. Good luck.
Sponsored