Sponsored

Purchasing Out of State Questions

TXPearl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUS 4xe
It does vary by state, but the state of purchase often has rules about what has to be paid before a vehicle is delivered or driven off the lot. Many require the collection of sales tax (for the other state) before it can be sold or temp tag issued.

Unless your chosen dealer is very experienced in out of state transactions involving your home state, best to do the research yourself and direct them on what to do.
Sponsored

DTBerry

First Name
Darrel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Something I experienced was that I purchased the Jeep in Ga. 15 miles south of my home in NC. I go to License it in NC and they told me before I can license it.
NC - "You need to have it inspected"
Me - "You have to be kidding right? A Brand New Vehicle?
NC - "Yes, we do not recognize GA Inspection Requirements"

So I took it to a Authorized NC Inspection Service Station. He was enamored by the new jeep. He just opened the hood and looked and closed the hood, then checked off all the items. Majority of the items on the Inspection sheet are not under the hood. Such a Rip-Off.
It was $14.00 and an hour of my time.

Al13

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Moab
try Beaman in Murfreesboro, or Freeland in Nashville. Back last spring both were offering below invoice. They might keep you in state. I ended up doing Beaman at about six % under invoice, but that was ten months ago. Can’t say what they’ll do now.
Also Franklin, Chrysler, Jeep in Franklin, TN.
Sponsored