Production Stopped

LawrenceR

First Name
Lawrence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys Sport
I ordered my 2-Door Wrangler Willys Sport with Manual Transmission on February 17th. February 21 I get a call from the dealership " the factory accepted my order" - everything was fine, I should have it in 8-10 weeks.

February 23, I got a call from the factory, they can't build it with the Manual but I can get the Auto and I would need to pay full tilt
($2,750.00) for the Auto - I told them "No Way".

I've been told five times my build is good, I've been given a Vin# , VON # and Build Code - I've also been told three times there is a problem.

I was able to make contact with the Executive Referral person in the Corporate Office - seems to be a good guy. I talked to him today, he confirmed there is a problem building the jeep with the Manual. I wasn't told anything more IE: parts shortage, too many automatics and they want to reduce inventory, etc, etc.

Bottom line, he told me that he will give me weekly updates, but as of right now this is the best he can do, sit and wait until they can build it someday.

Jeepdude101

First Name
Isaac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR black
Occupation
Construction field worker
Vehicle Showcase
Typical too many slush boxes...:headbang:

AlamedaJeep

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
I talked to him today, he confirmed there is a problem building the jeep with the Manual. I wasn't told anything more IE: parts shortage, too many automatics and they want to reduce inventory, etc, etc.

Bottom line, he told me that he will give me weekly updates, but as of right now this is the best he can do, sit and wait until they can build it someday.
There is a recall on the manuals (lots of threads addressing it today), so yours is caught up in that. Hope they get it sorted out for you soon.

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Maybe " steering part " is actually " Pressure Plate " ; all manual transmission JLs on Stop Sale if on the lot, no orders processed until new pressure plates in hand. See W-12 recall
Sponsored