Pricing Help

mullerjd

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sport S, 14 Ram Promaster, and some bikes
I'm brand new to the Jeep game and wouldn't mind a few pricing pointers. I've found a 19 JLU Rubicon set up exactly the way I want it; 2" Mopar lift, 35" tires on aftermarket wheels. The dealer is naturally playing hard ball claiming insane prices for the upfit, even when I showed the prices for the exact same items. I don't mind paying a little extra and for the install but not 2X. Anyway, the sticker is $46,600 and I am ok with the "super deal" of $4200 for the upfit. I offered $46500 and basically got laughed at. I also asked about getting credit for the factory wheels and tires and they are clainimg it's already taken off the price which I know is a total lie.
Sponsored

NOMAD-0311

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scat Pack Challenger
Yea their upcharge on that stuff tends to be pretty ridiculous. I saw one dealer who was charging $10k for lift, wheels and tires.

I would just find what you want and do it yourself and save the money and use it for more mods

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
If you’re not made of money and care about not paying exorbitant markup on aftermarket parts, don’t buy a unit off the lot that the dealership has already modified. They always charge an unreasonable premium for lift/wheels/tires/etc. Negotiate a fair price on the Jeep alone. Then DIY your mods or pay a reasonably priced reputable local shop to do it.

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
I'm brand new to the Jeep game and wouldn't mind a few pricing pointers. I've found a 19 JLU Rubicon set up exactly the way I want it; 2" Mopar lift, 35" tires on aftermarket wheels. The dealer is naturally playing hard ball claiming insane prices for the upfit, even when I showed the prices for the exact same items. I don't mind paying a little extra and for the install but not 2X. Anyway, the sticker is $46,600 and I am ok with the "super deal" of $4200 for the upfit. I offered $46500 and basically got laughed at. I also asked about getting credit for the factory wheels and tires and they are clainimg it's already taken off the price which I know is a total lie.
Hey, J in Saratoga (I used to work on Phila St.). If you are willing to wait, I would order from Mike Knight at Suresky Jeep in Goshen, NY. It's a bit over 2 hours from you, but you will get the exact JL you want at 5% below invoice price, which on a sticker of $46,600 should be under $42,000, then you have time and $4,600 to mod it to your spec., pay for gas, eat at Hattie's, bet on the ponies, see DMB at SPAC, whatever...

OP
OP
mullerjd

mullerjd

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sport S, 14 Ram Promaster, and some bikes
Thank you!!! I'll check them out