Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR - Sting Gray
Occupation
Amateur Cynic/Professional Skeptic
Hi Wrangler Community;

I'm about to embark on a journey to my first Wrangler (Rubicon Unlimited). Very excited as all my life I've bought practical, inexpensive Asian imports. And a bit nostalgic since I grew up in a suburb of Toledo, so it is really cool to consider a car made so close to where I grew up.

That said I'm getting vexed on the pricing of some of the options. This site has been a wealth of information, but my searching skills fell short, maybe I didn't word them right, but let me try to outline my confusion here and would appreciate being set straight:

1) Tires
The LT285/70R17C BSW Off-Road Tires come standard and the LT285/70R17C BSW M/T tires cost $195 more, but I can't figure out why the latter is better for $195. What's the difference between the two?

2) Dual Top Group
When I select the Dual Top Group for $2,495, the PDF summary I download shows that AND adds a Black 3-Piece Hard Top $1,495, bringing the total to $3,990. If that is right, then the website is really confusing to me.

3) Cold Weather Group
Like the Dual Top Group issue above, when I select the $995 Cold Weather group that INCLUDES remote start, it adds remote start again for another $495, bringing the total to $1,490. Is that right?

4) 8.4" Radio and Premium Audio Group
Guess what... when I add the 8.4" Radio and Premium Audio Group for $1,995, it adds Alpine® Premium Audio System $1,295, bringing the total to $3,390. Is that right?

5) Safety Group & LED Lighting Group
It seems both these groups include Rear LED tail lamps, but when you select both it doesn't reduce the cost of the other to account for that. So it seems I'm paying for it twice, but only getting it once. Again, what am I not understanding here?

All the other options are clear and seem to line up ok.

Thank you all in advance for educating me on these 5 points of confusion. I'm attaching my summary so you can see what I mean.

_webwbr
Sponsored

Attachments

dgoodhue

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 80th JLU
I have 2-5 options combinations and that is how mine were added up on my window sticker and build sheet. Someone else can better answer the tire questions.

Dual top group includes the hardtop. It should only be adding $2495 though it shows $1495 of the hard top. I have been able to glitch the website to add in both hard top and dual tops.

Cold weather group, includes the remote start. It should not be adding the $495.

8.4 Radio includes the Alpine. It show the $1295 for the alpine but it should not be adding them both in. I have been able to glitch this one as well on the website.

Yes the LED include the rear LED's as does the Safety group. Safety group is reduce from 995 to 895 when the LED are selected to account for the rear LED already being included. Your build looks like it was correctly reduced for that.

FYI the prices not the website do not include the April $325 price increase..

OP
OP
webwbr

webwbr

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR - Sting Gray
Occupation
Thank you @dgoodhue for clearing up #2-5... I guess the website is just funky and that makes me feel better. I'll just have to get down to brass tacks with the dealer, but I'll keep my eyes open on this. I didn't know about the April price increase <sigh> thanks for helping me better set my expectations. Once I get the tire question answered, I may be ready to jump!

Kfoo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Willys
If you find spreadsheets/tables easier to work with, I find that the build guides stickied to this forum are the best way to determine exactly how much it will cost.

It will take some time to understand, but effectively every option has a code. Each option will indicate whether you 'must have' another option and if some options are not available under certain circumstances. It will also indicate the different price tiers for each option given other options and whether the option is packaged with your specific trim.

As a bonus, the guides were just updated, so they are the most up to date list of what you can build now.

OP
OP
webwbr

webwbr

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR - Sting Gray
Occupation
If you find spreadsheets/tables easier to work with, I find that the build guides stickied to this forum are the best way to determine exactly how much it will cost.

It will take some time to understand, but effectively every option has a code. Each option will indicate whether you 'must have' another option and if some options are not available under certain circumstances. It will also indicate the different price tiers for each option given other options and whether the option is packaged with your specific trim.

As a bonus, the guides were just updated, so they are the most up to date list of what you can build now.
Ah! You mean the interactive pricing worksheets (right?), cool, and what great timing. I'll tinker with those. MANY THANKS!

Sponsored

csjlu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
Hi Wrangler Community;

I'm about to embark on a journey to my first Wrangler (Rubicon Unlimited). Very excited as all my life I've bought practical, inexpensive Asian imports. And a bit nostalgic since I grew up in a suburb of Toledo, so it is really cool to consider a car made so close to where I grew up.

That said I'm getting vexed on the pricing of some of the options. This site has been a wealth of information, but my searching skills fell short, maybe I didn't word them right, but let me try to outline my confusion here and would appreciate being set straight:

1) Tires
The LT285/70R17C BSW Off-Road Tires come standard and the LT285/70R17C BSW M/T tires cost $195 more, but I can't figure out why the latter is better for $195. What's the difference between the two?

2) Dual Top Group
When I select the Dual Top Group for $2,495, the PDF summary I download shows that AND adds a Black 3-Piece Hard Top $1,495, bringing the total to $3,990. If that is right, then the website is really confusing to me.

3) Cold Weather Group
Like the Dual Top Group issue above, when I select the $995 Cold Weather group that INCLUDES remote start, it adds remote start again for another $495, bringing the total to $1,490. Is that right?

4) 8.4" Radio and Premium Audio Group
Guess what... when I add the 8.4" Radio and Premium Audio Group for $1,995, it adds Alpine® Premium Audio System $1,295, bringing the total to $3,390. Is that right?

5) Safety Group & LED Lighting Group
It seems both these groups include Rear LED tail lamps, but when you select both it doesn't reduce the cost of the other to account for that. So it seems I'm paying for it twice, but only getting it once. Again, what am I not understanding here?

All the other options are clear and seem to line up ok.

Thank you all in advance for educating me on these 5 points of confusion. I'm attaching my summary so you can see what I mean.

_webwbr
Re #1, pretty sure the difference is all terrain KO2s (standard) and mud terrain (optional). How you plan to use your Jeep dictates which tread pattern is better, not the price.

OP
OP
webwbr

webwbr

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR - Sting Gray
Occupation
Re #1, pretty sure the difference is all terrain KO2s (standard) and mud terrain (optional). How you plan to use your Jeep dictates which tread pattern is better, not the price.
GOT IT... M/T = Mud Terrain. (duh!) Sorry, I should have figured that out, but you definitely helped me narrow my search. THANK YOU!

Kfoo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Willys
Ah! You mean the interactive pricing worksheets (right?), cool, and what great timing. I'll tinker with those. MANY THANKS!
I personally used the order guides (pdf), but I think the interactive guide is based on them. The people here are great and very helpful.

SoCal

First Name
MARK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, 981 Porsche Cayman S, BMW F32, Lexus is250
I agree it is confusing was having same issues, but you will notice on your final build summery that they don't add the additional money for the things that are included i.e Alpine with the 8.4
Sponsored