Premium Soft Top Tinted Windows

Waiting

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2-Door Rubicon, 3.6L, 8-spd auto
Does the Premium Soft Top come with tinted windows as the 'deep sun screen tint' on the JKs did. On Jeep's website and when I ordered, I could not find an answer.
Sponsored

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
Does the Premium Soft Top come with tinted windows as the 'deep sun screen tint' on the JKs did. On Jeep's website and when I ordered, I could not find an answer.
They are tinted. How deep I don’t know. Here are some dealer pics with black premium soft top.

90444143-AD1B-43E8-B148-36D07C40EA0E.png

48842AEE-9A4E-47AD-B7D0-BC845B05D36A.png

OP
OP
Waiting

Waiting

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2-Door Rubicon, 3.6L, 8-spd auto
I went to check window stickers today, a Sunday. The only soft tops I could find were 4-door sport sport models. Deep tint was listed as line item that was part of the 24S package of options. This was with the normal and premium top options. Stated another wasy, deep tint was listed on all 24S packages and never under the Premium Top option. I hope and believe it is part of the 24R package on my ordered Rubicon.

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
I went to check window stickers today, a Sunday. The only soft tops I could find were 4-door sport sport models. Deep tint was listed as line item that was part of the 24S package of options. This was with the normal and premium top options. Stated another wasy, deep tint was listed on all 24S packages and never under the Premium Top option. I hope and believe it is part of the 24R package on my ordered Rubicon.
Don't worry my premium soft top has windows that are tinted pretty dark.

JeepU4IA

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Dodge Charger R/T, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
So I guess the only way you'll have no tint is if you get the base model and not pay the $495 tint option like me. I was going to do it aftermarket but I don't know if that's possible on the plastic windows. :( Oh, well...

Sponsored

keviper

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler Winter Edition
So I guess the only way you'll have no tint is if you get the base model and not pay the $495 tint option like me. I was going to do it aftermarket but I don't know if that's possible on the plastic windows. :( Oh, well...
That's correct. And there are companies that will tint the plastic windows, but you might be better off just purchasing a set of deep tint windows once your Jeep comes in. I'm sure you can order from your dealer - not available through BestTop yet.

All Premium Soft Tops comes with the deep tint windows.

JeepU4IA

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Dodge Charger R/T, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
That's correct. And there are companies that will tint the plastic windows, but you might be better off just purchasing a set of deep tint windows once your Jeep comes in. I'm sure you can order from your dealer - not available through BestTop yet.

All Premium Soft Tops comes with the deep tint windows.
I picked up my JL about a month ago. Congrats on KZ status. Hope you get a quick delivery. :like:

keviper

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler Winter Edition

Mr. Beef Chief

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport
Anyone able to find tinted windows yet? The dealer down here said they are still using them for production so they can't sell any yet.

ntw14

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler 2 door Sport, 2002 F-150 FX4
I really need someone to solve this "Unable to order tinted windows for sport models" issue.

Sponsored

bgirly49

First Name
Bernadette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018+ Firecracker Red Wrangler Sport JL
Tinted windows come with the Sport S.
Did you ever purchase the tinted windows? They are starting to pop up online .I have a base model Sport and with summer coming I will be upgrading soon.

fightingmajor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon Unlimited Punk'n Orange
Have any links? I'd like to see their process. Plan on adding a Premium Soft Top to the Jeep and would love to make the tinted windows darker.

SecondTJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Have any links? I'd like to see their process. Plan on adding a Premium Soft Top to the Jeep and would love to make the tinted windows darker.
Same, the stock tint is way too light. There was a company that tinted front upper zipper windows for YJ/TJ half doors, but they went out of business after JK basically saw 99% full doors and the YJ/TJ half door business dried up.
Sponsored