Premium soft top availability and cost

deniska

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara
Has anyone ordered one? I was going to get dual tops with my Sahara but didn’t want to wait and the dealer had one with a hard top that matched all my other parameters. Now I am looking at where I can by the soft top. Looks like it’s $2250 and doesn’t ship until June. Yikes! The dual top option was $2000 when ordering. Am I alone in my surprise?
Sponsored

$uicide$hift

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Getting from factor is always cheaper. When you order a dual top group you are essentially returning the standard top for a premium top and get a discount. Going hard top only and then buying soft top afterwards you are paying the entire cost for frame and material. No surprise.

Grindhouseknives

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Bright White JLU Sport S
Premium top part # 82215146
Standard top part # 82215805
Google search them. There are discount mopar sellers that are offering 15-18% off but you’ll have to pay shipping unless one is close. You’ll still have to wait for a while because they are so back logged with soft top factory orders.

AFfiredawg

First Name
Johnathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Fire Fighter
whats the difference of premium vs standard?

OP
OP

deniska

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara
Looks like the type of fabric used. “Twill” for the premium vs “sailcloth” for the other one. Only “twill” lists “extremely weather tight” in the features. In other words... I dunno.

Sponsored

Grindhouseknives

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Bright White JLU Sport S
From Quadratec’s website referring to the premium top:
“... it offers an upgraded Sunrider feature - making it effortless to detach and open the front section thanks to a new gas strut-assisted mechanism”
Quadratec says the standard top uses a spring assisted Sunrider mechanism
The premium top material is much nicer than the sail cloth. I had both on my 2007 JKU and the premium top material was much thicker and had a more rich black color. It was quieter as well

CMontgomery93

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wranger JLU Sport S
I ordered the premium black sunrider soft top with my JLU Sport S instead of the hard top and at the time of placing the order it ran me $595 from the factory (still in schedule phase according to tracking) however I've seen them go as low as $1,800 upwards $2,300.

dalefinal

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon
Has anyone ordered one? I was going to get dual tops with my Sahara but didn’t want to wait and the dealer had one with a hard top that matched all my other parameters. Now I am looking at where I can by the soft top. Looks like it’s $2250 and doesn’t ship until June. Yikes! The dual top option was $2000 when ordering. Am I alone in my surprise?[/QUOTE

Hi Deniska
If you still have interest in a Mopar JL soft top for JLU - I have a new (in the box) top. I’m also in the SF Bay Area.
Let me know if you still have an interest.

DALE
[email protected]

Sponsored

Bubba33

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 jeep wrangler Sahara JL
Pretty sure when the 15th gets here , you will see it get pushed back. I had 2 people tell me that from there. Morris didn' know when they were going to ship.

abecker

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Pretty sure when the 15th gets here , you will see it get pushed back. I had 2 people tell me that from there. Morris didn' know when they were going to ship.
I think if it gets pushed I may be buying a Lange hoist-a-cart lol

abecker

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Well, I would like to point out that you were wrong. It was actually when the *13th* got here that I saw it got pushed back, lol. Morris told me they are expecting them in July, Quadratec now shows Aug 15th.
Sponsored