OP
galleywinter

galleywinter

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Hard Rock JKU, 2018 JL Rubi, 2020 Mercedes GLC 300(Wife) :-)
Occupation
Environmental Manager, VA Hospital
Okay. Sorry I'm just now posting. I've either been Jeeping or doing accessories. Funny how when our JL makes it we don't look at the forum 20 times a day :) Anyway.....
Flew out of N.W. Arkansas around 2:30 Thursday, landed in Nashville an hour later, 3:30.

A wonderful gentleman named Maynor picked me up. I felt a little bad because we sat on the tarmac 20 minutes waiting for a gate and Maynor was outside waiting. He was very nice and we had a great conversation on our short trip to Gupton. He's ordered a 2 door Snazz Sport for himself.

I had sent Renee everything ahead of time, DL, insurance, TL affiliate stuff. She's very nice/sweet. I showed up with a check from PenFed credit union with a good rate just in case I didn't like the dealer financing rate. Daniel had ran my credit already and they got me a great rate. Beat my credit union. Didn't think they could.

Renee got my Uconnect swapped from 2018 to the new ride and got the XM set up. While she went and gassed up the new Jeep I sat down with Walter. He went thru the usual extended warranty stuff but unlike other dealers I've been to he did his thing, I said no thanks and that was it. Signed the papers and that was it. I was with Walter 10 minutes top.

The whole deal took 30 minutes. As we all know they're slammed. Renee said they were doing deliveries on "35 of my cohorts this weekend", lol. We've all seen the pics. There's four rows of Wranglers out there. I ask her how many they had for sale off the the lot....Zero.

Super smooth transaction from order, to airport, dealership. Zero issues.

The original plan was for the wife and I to fly in, get the Jeep and do a long weekend. That fell thru and I wasn't waiting another week to get my Jeep :) I left around 6:00p. I was already prepared for the over inflation issue from the factory on the tires and sure enough, I was all over the road as soon as I left the dealership. I pulled up the tire pressure on the dash info screen and sure enough, 47 psi all the way around. The door sticker calls for 37 psi and I've seen forum members running 34-36 psi as well. Didn't have a tire gage so just using the inside info I got all 4 as close to 36 as I could and off I went. Made a huge difference. When I got home I adjusted all of them using a gage and my compressor. While I was adjusting tire pressure, I went ahead and checked fuses, no issues.

I got home around 3:00am. 9 hour drive. Usually only takes around 8 but I stopped more than usual and was in no hurry. I had lots of time to make some observations.

Alpine/Uconnect still awesome. I hear a lot of complaints about the Alpine upgrade. Sounds great, plenty loud and still clear. Has good bump for my 55 y/o self, had the top pulled off first thing the next morning and still great tunes with top off @ 70MPH. My wife has the Harmon Kardon upgrade on her MB. With hard top on, I'm hearing sounds and instruments I don't hear sitting in her car. As good as my 2018 JL.

It feels way different driving than my 2018. They are equipped identical except for the XR and 3 years between MY. Not a bad different. I like it. The bigger tires just feels different and it should. Again, not bad. Just different than my 2018. Smooth ride, 8 speed with the different gears had no problem making it to 8 at higher speeds. I didn't ever get on it, but could tell if I needed it to go, it will. My 2018 was a regular V6, this one is the required E-Torque. Can't tell a difference. I'm sure there is, IDK. I still want to see them offer the 2.0 with XR.

Actice cruise control has now replaced sliced bread in my book. I-40 @ midnight. Nothing but me and a bunch a 18 wheelers. It works great. If you have it and don't like it, remember it's adjustable. It was braking/slowing me too far back from the vehicle in front of me. I turned it down and it was perfect. The other safety options all work great and I'm glad a sprung for them.

I should have talked about this first but as far as looks go, the XR package makes it for me. It just looks right. Not too much, just right. Good looking stance, IMO. I have loved every one of my Rubicons and always said I'd add a 2" lift and 33's maybe 35's, then JL came from the factory with 33's and it was I'll add a 2.5" lift and do AEV wheels and 35" tires, never did. 10 Wranglers and never added anything aftermarket lift. I always wanted to, but.... Xr is perfect for me. I hear all the noised about being the same springs only stretched and about the bump stops, blah blah blah. Did you really think you were going to get, wheels, tires, gears, tire carrier, brakes and a 1.5" lift and Fox shocks for $4k. It serves my purpose just fine. Looks awesome at the mall and I'm comfy on mild+ trails.

After 3 hours sleep I had the top pulled off, Mopar mats, stubby antenna, phone holder/magsafe charger installed. Installed lights where the fake vents are on the sides. It may not be for everyone but I like them, a lot. I had bought the really nice$$ grab handles but after installing them, I'm returning them. Just not necessary for me. The factory handle does what I need.

I'm waiting until March to install the soft top. No need doing it in October.

Still need:
Still need to figure out steps. Going rock slider steps but not sure which. The Mopar ones aren't very wide. I like the power ones of course but sketchy on the $2,000 price tag. Even with added height, I'm good getting in and out. The wife on the other hand will prob need some sort of step and I do get out and wheels some, so the traditional steps that hang down are out. Not big on the ones you can take on and off either. Some sort of Rock Slider step. Good threads here on the subject. I'll research.

Front window tent to match factory tint, no big.

Winch

Back seat cover for dogs

So, absolutely loving it. Zero complaints but it's early. I never complain on my Wranglers. If it's a big issue, it's under warranty. The other things that bother some folks are just Wrangler things. They have refined the JL 1000x over our old TJ's and JK's but its still a box on wheels. Still a Wrangler.
I obviously like them and this is the best one I've had yet.............

Better pics coming........

"The road goes on forever and the party never ends"- Robert Earl Keen

IMG_3097.jpeg

IMG_3100.jpeg

IMG_3101.jpeg

IMG_3112.jpeg

IMG_3115.jpeg

IMG_3124.jpeg

IMG_3128.jpeg

IMG_3129.jpeg

IMG_3130.jpeg

IMG_3141.jpeg

Vrrooom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Okay. Sorry I'm just now posting. I've either been Jeeping or doing accessories. Funny how when our JL makes it we don't look at the forum 20 times a day :) Anyway.....
Flew out of N.W. Arkansas around 2:30 Thursday, landed in Nashville an hour later, 3:30.

A wonderful gentleman named Maynor picked me up. I felt a little bad because we sat on the tarmac 20 minutes waiting for a gate and Maynor was outside waiting. He was very nice and we had a great conversation on our short trip to Gupton. He's ordered a 2 door Snazz Sport for himself.

I had sent Renee everything ahead of time, DL, insurance, TL affiliate stuff. She's very nice/sweet. I showed up with a check from PenFed credit union with a good rate just in case I didn't like the dealer financing rate. Daniel had ran my credit already and they got me a great rate. Beat my credit union. Didn't think they could.

Renee got my Uconnect swapped from 2018 to the new ride and got the XM set up. While she went and gassed up the new Jeep I sat down with Walter. He went thru the usual extended warranty stuff but unlike other dealers I've been to he did his thing, I said no thanks and that was it. Signed the papers and that was it. I was with Walter 10 minutes top.

The whole deal took 30 minutes. As we all know they're slammed. Renee said they were doing deliveries on "35 of my cohorts this weekend", lol. We've all seen the pics. There's four rows of Wranglers out there. I ask her how many they had for sale off the the lot....Zero.

The original plan was for the wife and I to fly in, get the Jeep and do a long weekend. That fell thru and I wasn't waiting another week to get my Jeep :) I left around 6:00p. I was already prepared for the over inflation issue from the factory on the tires and sure enough, I was all over the road as soon as I left the dealership. I pulled up the tire pressure on the dash info screen and sure enough, 47 psi all the way around. The door sticker calls for 37 psi and I've seen forum members running 34-36 psi as well. Didn't have a tire gage so just using the inside info I got all 4 as close to 36 as I could and off I went. Made a huge difference. When I got home I adjusted all of them using a gage and my compressor. While I was adjusting tire pressure, I went ahead and checked fuses, no issues.

I got home around 3:00am. 9 hour drive. Usually only takes around 8 but I stopped more than usual and was in no hurry. I had lots of time to make some observations.

Alpine/Uconnect still awesome. I hear a lot of complaints about the Alpine upgrade. Sounds great, plenty loud and still clear. Has good bump for my 55 y/o self, had the top pulled off first thing the next morning and still great tunes with top off @ 70MPH. My wife has the Harmon Kardon upgrade on her MB. With hard top on, I'm hearing sounds and instruments I don't hear sitting in her car. As good as my 2018 JL.

It feels way different driving than my 2018. They are equipped identical except for the XR and 3 years between MY. Not a bad different. I like it. The bigger tires just feels different and it should. Again, not bad. Just different than my 2018. Smooth ride, 8 speed with the different gears had no problem making it to 8 at higher speeds. I didn't ever get on it, but could tell if I needed it to go, it will. My 2018 was a regular V6, this one is the required E-Torque. Can't tell a difference. I'm sure there is, IDK. I still want to see them offer the 2.0 with XR.

Actice cruise control has now replaced sliced bread in my book. I-40 @ midnight. Nothing but me and a bunch a 18 wheelers. It works great. If you have it and don't like it, remember it's adjustable. It was braking/slowing me too far back from the vehicle in front of me. I turned it down and it was perfect. The other safety options all work great and I'm glad a sprung for them.

I should have talked about this first but as far as looks go, the XR package makes it for me. It just looks right. Not too much, just right. Good looking stance, IMO. I have loved every one of my Rubicons and always said I'd add a 2" lift and 33's maybe 35's, then JL came from the factory with 33's and it was I'll add a 2.5" lift and do AEV wheels and 35" tires, never did. 10 Wranglers and never added anything aftermarket lift. I always wanted to, but.... Xr is perfect for me. I hear all the noised about being the same springs only stretched and about the bump stops, blah blah blah. Did you really think you were going to get, wheels, tires, gears, tire carrier, brakes and a 1.5" lift and Fox shocks for $4k. It serves my purpose just fine. Looks awesome at the mall and I'm comfy on mild+ trails.

After 3 hours sleep I had the top pulled off, Mopar mats, stubby antenna, phone holder/magsafe charger installed. Installed lights where the fake vents are on the sides. It may not be for everyone but I like them, a lot. I had bought the really nice$$ grab handles but after installing them, I'm returning them. Just not necessary for me. The factory handle does what I need.

Still need:
Still need to figure out steps. Going rock slider steps but not sure which. The Mopar ones aren't very wide. I like the power ones of course but sketchy on the $2,000 price tag. Even with added height, I'm good getting in and out. The wife on the other hand will prob need some sort of step and I do get out and wheels some, so the traditional steps that hang down are out. Not big on the ones you can take on and off either. Some sort of Rock Slider step. Good threads here on the subject. I'll research.

Winch

Back seat cover for dogs

So, absolutely loving it. Zero complaints but it's early. I never complain on my Wranglers. If it's a big issue, it's under warranty. The other things that bother some folks are just Wrangler things. They have refined the JL 1000x over our old TJ's and JK's but its still a box on wheels. Still a Wrangler.

Jeep Wrangler JL Post your progress on Extreme Recon package here IMG_3141

Cool write-up. I agree with all your points. Congrats on the new JLUR-XR! I love the color combo as well. For the Rock Slider, I was thinking the same thing and was considering the Raid ones. I think they look good, solid, frame mounted, nice step, and they're on sale right now for 25% off. I'm debating on pulling the trigger. Check it out.
https://ironman4x4america.com/raid-rock-sliders-suited-for-jeep-wrangler-jl-unlimited/

Sponsored

HempelNet

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon XR (Crystal Granite)
Occupation
Sr. Security Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Ordered 2022 Granite Crystal Rubicon Recon !!!

Ordered: 10/11/2021
VIN: xxxxxxxxxx101065
VON: 51488981
Estimated Ship Date: ???????

3.6L V6 24V VVT eTorque Engine
8-Speed Automatic
Granite Crystal Color
Black Leather Trimmed Seats
All weather floor mats
Offroad front camera
Black 3 piece hardtop
Trail rail management system
Xtreme Recon package
*Prox entry (Now standard on 2022 models)
*8.4 uConnect Alpine setup (Now standard on 2022 models)
Trailer Tow HD Electrical package
Cold weather package
LED Lighting package
Gorilla Glass option
(4.88 Gears selected)

--Added the VIN but believe still in the build schedule stage as of 11/2/2021

Last edited:

Agregorio

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon XR
They are a Mopar part (6AC241R3AA & 6AC261R3AD)
Install is not too hard, its more nerve racking than hard lol. When popping all the dash clips it sounds like your breaking plastic, but everything went super smooth. There are a couple of how to vids on youtube if you search JL dash removal. Took me about an hour or so.
Where did you find the Mopar parts in stock? Everywhere I look it shows back ordered. Been looking since I placed my Rubicon XR order in early august. Dont mind the red, but love the matching black w/ red stitch.

Sponsored

OP
OP
galleywinter

galleywinter

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Hard Rock JKU, 2018 JL Rubi, 2020 Mercedes GLC 300(Wife) :-)
Occupation
Environmental Manager, VA Hospital
Cool write-up. I agree with all your points. Congrats on the new JLUR-XR! I love the color combo as well. For the Rock Slider, I was thinking the same thing and was considering the Raid ones. I think they look good, solid, frame mounted, nice step, and they're on sale right now for 25% off. I'm debating on pulling the trigger. Check it out.
https://ironman4x4america.com/raid-rock-sliders-suited-for-jeep-wrangler-jl-unlimited/
Awesome, gonna check em out. Thanks

cornercanyon

First Name
bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKUR, 2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
. . . realizing each day–

Still need:

Winch

Back seat cover for dogs

Quoting REK. Nice–

Beasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Accord, 22 Jeep 392
My estimated ship date was today. Emailed dealer and was told it still shows today, according to JC its still in "installing extra equipment" so I don't know whats going on lol
Sponsored