Sponsored

Post your progress on Extreme Recon package here

Caveman044

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURXR
Anyone ordering the full time transfer case? We sometimes get patchy snow and ice and I'm considering adding it. I've only ever had full time systems with my cherokees and I'm not sure what life is like without it.

jepgrl

First Name
Donna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5
Well, here I sit still spending money on "extras" while I wait. My 07/09 order is any day now. It shipped and took the train ride to Florida and according to dealer it's waiting to get here on the next truck transport to the Southernmost location in the US. (Key West) I have stalked the dealership multiple times peering through the fence to catch a glimpse. I'm afraid if they check their security cameras they will be posted my picture. I can hardly get through one day without looking for something to buy, a picture one of you lucky ones posted on your new ride or a video I might have possible seen.(Hah) I'll need therapy soon, but until then if you can think of something else for me to buy let me know. I was considering the side fender marker lights??? If you have them can you post a photo or give your thoughts otherwise. BTW-the UPS guy really hates me right now!

Snellville392

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 740e; 2022 XC40 recharge (2); 2021 XC90 recha
tr
Well, here I sit still spending money on "extras" while I wait. My 07/09 order is any day now. It shipped and took the train ride to Florida and according to dealer it's waiting to get here on the next truck transport to the Southernmost location in the US. (Key West) I have stalked the dealership multiple times peering through the fence to catch a glimpse. I'm afraid if they check their security cameras they will be posted my picture. I can hardly get through one day without looking for something to buy, a picture one of you lucky ones posted on your new ride or a video I might have possible seen.(Hah) I'll need therapy soon, but until then if you can think of something else for me to buy let me know. I was considering the side fender marker lights??? If you have them can you post a photo or give your thoughts otherwise. BTW-the UPS guy really hates me right now!
try Amazon, that is what I am doing:) dash trim panels, mopar stainless sill plates and mopar floor mats so faršŸ˜±

vduc1098

First Name
Vinnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon XR
I swapped out my red dash panels for the leather wrapped/red stitched ones. Also installed the mopar screen protector while I had the dash apart.
Jeep Wrangler JL Post your progress on Extreme Recon package here 1633912192872

Jeep Wrangler JL Post your progress on Extreme Recon package here 1633912237703

Sponsored

MRV861792

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep MOAB (Sold); (Waiting) 22 Rubicon w/XR
Occupation
Executive Project Manager / Risk Consultant
I''m ordering almost the same thing any day now - already have pricing. For 2022, they are not offering the Hardrock Slider Step. I'm on the fence with the Roof - Going with the One-Touch vs. Black Hardtop w/Black Flares. Sames goes with the Steel Bumper. I just sold my 2019 Sting Gray MOAB.
The last item I'm agonizing about is going with the Matte Black Grill or the Body Color. Will match with wheels and N-FAB Black Textured Steps. Any thoughts ?

BigWave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR\XR and 2014 WK2
For those who've already received your XRs, what RPM are you registering at highway speed? I'm wondering what real world results are for the 4.56s vs. what the 4.88s will be. Per a helpful JK forum read, the 4.56 w/ 35" tires should be about 2900 RPM (35" tires rotate about 594 times/mile --> 594 x 4.56 = 2708 RPM @ 60MPH; and 4.88s would be about 2900 RPM).

Thanks in advance for any replies. Waiting for my XR order to arrive is soooooper easy ...šŸ¤„

Caveman044

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURXR
The last item I'm agonizing about is going with the Matte Black Grill or the Body Color. Will match with wheels and N-FAB Black Textured Steps. Any thoughts ?
I have the grill picked out, body color, but I'm undecided on black or tan leather and the full time 4wd. I've had 5 months to figure it out and I'm ordering on Tuesday. Decision paralysis sucks.

Sponsored

MRV861792

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep MOAB (Sold); (Waiting) 22 Rubicon w/XR
Occupation
Executive Project Manager / Risk Consultant
I have the grill picked out, body color, but I'm undecided on black or tan leather and the full time 4wd. I've had 5 months to figure it out and I'm ordering on Tuesday. Decision paralysis sucks.
I always go with Black leather vs the lighter as its easier to clean. Think Tan is more of exception than norm but hell, when you go to sell, someone may want a specific color, etc. Just happened to me on my MOAB I just sold. Right now, I'm leaning on just staying with the body color Grille - looking at 20 something builds in progress with the xtreme recon, looks like no one ordered the grill. Interesting a few had the Gorilla Glass windshield.

Steel8083

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 rubicon
For those who've already received your XRs, what RPM are you registering at highway speed? I'm wondering what real world results are for the 4.56s vs. what the 4.88s will be. Per a helpful JK forum read, the 4.56 w/ 35" tires should be about 2900 RPM (35" tires rotate about 594 times/mile --> 594 x 4.56 = 2708 RPM @ 60MPH; and 4.88s would be about 2900 RPM).

Thanks in advance for any replies. Waiting for my XR order to arrive is soooooper easy ...šŸ¤„
1800 rpm @ 60 mph

vduc1098

First Name
Vinnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon XR
Where did you find the leather dash panel and how hard was it to replace?
They are a Mopar part (6AC241R3AA & 6AC261R3AD)
Install is not too hard, its more nerve racking than hard lol. When popping all the dash clips it sounds like your breaking plastic, but everything went super smooth. There are a couple of how to vids on youtube if you search JL dash removal. Took me about an hour or so.

e23nk1

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKU Freedom Oscar Mike
Morning all...can anyone confirm the height of their XR with hard top?
I neglected to check this before ordering and am hoping I can get it into the garage to use my hoist to remove the hardtop next spring....not the end of the world though.
Thanks for the info.

spdrcr5

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon XR
Vehicle Showcase
Morning all...can anyone confirm the height of their XR with hard top?
I neglected to check this before ordering and am hoping I can get it into the garage to use my hoist to remove the hardtop next spring....not the end of the world though.
Thanks for the info.
I have the same concern and asked someone to measure for me. They measured it at 75". That will clear my idiotically small door by 1.25"! lol I only got the soft top, but have the hard top currently hanging in the garage from my 2019 which I will be using on the XR if it ever gets here.
Sponsored